Whale Explodes on Street

Discussion in 'General' started by RMJL, Jan 29, 2004.

1. I don't have AOL.. I want to see the pic..

2. i wanna see the pic too

3. Yeh, same, Its got me intrigued now :p

4. i wanna see this pic too!! you better do somethin RMJL cuz you got an angry MOB wanting to see a blown up whale...

5. haha i saw that pic when i first got online, its crazy as hell i think it'd be pimp to be ridin down the street with whale blood n guts on my car (if i had a car that is) haha, people would be lookin at me like a murderer or sumthin.

6. Yea, heard of that in the paper today...rotten or what.

7. TAIPEI (Jan 29) - The decomposing remains of a 66-ton sperm whale exploded on a busy Taiwan street, showering nearby cars and shops with blood and organs and stopping traffic for hours, local newspapers said.

The 56-foot dead whale had been on a truck headed for an autopsy at a university earlier this week, when gases from internal decay caused its entrails to explode in the southern city of Tainan.

The whale had died after it was beached on the southwestern coast of the island.

01/29/04 07:09 ET

Attached Files:

8. son of a bitch!!!! u beat me to the picture post!! jus kiddin
    haha

peace

9. I didn't realize that everyone wouldn't be able to see it. Thanks, NuBB's...you saved me from the angry MOB!!!!! :)

10. thats..pretty gross

but that'd be pretty cool to have a car covered in whale like neg said..

11. eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww

edit:would've been cool to see a whale go down a road on a truck tho

12. Looks like the whale went flat!!!!! LOL

That is awsome... I wish I could have been there to see it...

I bet that scared the poop outta those people around there...

Can some one translate the signs on the stores, I want to see if my friend was around there..

13. That would suck if you were just walking by, and BOOM!,
    you're covered in decomposed stinky whale blood.
    Could you imagine the dry cleaning bill?

14. WTF they are still whale hunting this shits me. Didnt the U.N do somthing about whale hunting?

15. they didn't say they were hunting it. They just wanted an autopsy of a dead whale i think.

16. /puke ROFL thats an awesome picture...even tho I love the marine=P...LOL omg...BTW when they mean "exploded" they mean like holes in its body were suddenly probably shooting out organs/blood everywhere...God that would of been like a horror movie...Everyone covered in blood...Would have been great...Holy shit...does anyone find this kinda funny how the asian movies have like really wierd things as in mvoies???"Godzilla!!!!thats not godzilla!!!!AHH A SPERM WHALE SHOOTING"...no pun intended harhar...thx for the pic lol

17. yeah most beached whales do explode. consider the size of a whales digestive tract (stomache size alone!) and then think about how many gases would build up in those buggers...

Back in the early 80s (maybe sometime in the 70s IDK) there was a beached whale just like that one over in the beachtown Florence about an hour away from here...they knew it would burst and it was starting to already decompose and wreak like...well..a rotting pile of blubber, so they tried to beat nature at its own game and load the thing with dynamite and blow it up. For some reason they thought it would make it easier for the remains to wash back into the ocean at high tide....well it didn't..it just sent car sized chunks of whale hundreds of feet into the air and rained debree all over the thousands of spectators and their vehicles, causing tons of damage in the process....if you search online theres actually a video clip of the whole thing...quite amusing i'd say

18. haha whoa i jus had this sudden memory from my 10th grade english class where we read this short story about how a bunch of whales were beached n like there was a big deal about it and at the end they jus like took this big rods n jammed em in the whales to prevent them from exploding...

n to think my computer cant even bring shitup from my sophemore year but my brain can, crazy powers of the mind.......8-O

19. omg i saw that video on real tv, theres like this grandma in the background saying the funniest shit ever, i cant remember, but she was like, oh look, here come the flying peices of.... AHHHH!!!!! and people start getting pelted with whale blubber, hahahahahahhaahaaa