Wft is happening to my plant?!? And is there a way to fix this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThumbaIina, Jan 18, 2017.

1. My plant is on the 3rd week of flower and 12 leaves are yellow, from the bottom mostly and upwards a little yellow, and the tops seem to be getting lighter. It's an auto and I noticed the ph runoff is 7.8 i ph the water after I add nutes/or not to 5.5 does this mean I need to ph my water at 4? I also notice I have fungus gnats or some type of annoying flying bug infestation. I use SNS and it regulates it SOME. I just don't know what to do. Please advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Bottom leaves usually yellow during flower stage. Remove them. As far as the fungus gnats are concerned IDK. Perhaps another grower would be more qualified to answer that question. Good luck.

3. Food grade diatomaceous earth, i tried even nemetodes, because fungus gnat larvae eat the roots up. 1 week no Change,. Remembered i had the diatoms. Put it On top and within 24 hrs they were gone never to return 3 months now.
    As for ph, in soil. 6.5 to 7. Been fighting that myself Lately. Mine was low. Like 5. Made 1 wattering dangerousely high and got lucky. 8 days no Visible damage yet. Had to do it organicaly as my soil is full organic. Dont think i let it cook long enough.

4. Fungus gnats are from over watering , easy fix , stop over watering

5. Fungus gnats: hydrogen peroxide dilluted 1:10 I think? Google the ratio to make sure.
    I think apply once a week.

For the flying ones: gardening store sells yellow colored fly traps. They are attracted to the yellow color.

As said above don't overwater. Make sure u have proper drainage.

6. Yes that helps Also. I dont overwater, water once a week. They didnt leave. My problem was um "deeply rooted"?

7. post a pic if you can...sounds like your plant is low on nitrogen.

ph for your nutes and runoff depends on if your in soil or coco. Ph shouldn't be much of an an issue if you're in soil.

8. get some pop poppers, they work amazing. I put them in my soil even if I don't have gnats. haven't seen them ever again. let the soil dry out, put a pop popper 1 " into soil, beside main stem. sprinkle diatomaceous earth on the top. let them dry out so theyre droppy and almost look dead. then water with 1part peroxide, 4 parts water. itll kill them and they wont come back!

9. I use a smart pot so my roots get as much oxygen in soil as possible. I water every 2 days depending if the soil is dry or not. I guess I should water less???? I still don't understand why my soil ph is running off at 7.8

10. Update I changed my water ph to 4 and my runoff is still coming out at the 7s what do I do!??

11. I am in soil

12. Okay this has gotten out of control. First, leafs yellow naturally. Don't freak out.
    Second, you aren't going to get any good answers without posting pics.
    Third, never water with that low of a ph. You're killing your plant while trying to save it. If your soil ph is actually high, you need to flush with at least 3x soil volume with 6.0ish water. Never water with that low of a ph just to try for a quick fix. You'll probably need to flush a few times before you see drastic results. If you're in a 5 gal, flush with at least 15 gal of water.

Hope things get better, but I'd have to say you'll need to learn a lot for that to happen. Let me know if you have any other questions

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Flushed plant to reset the soil ph and now my runoff water is at 8.5 and my plant doesn't look good. I read somewhere that if I use organic nutes then I don't have to ph my nut solution? Is that true? When I add nutes to water the ph is at 4.6 and I thought I was supposed to PH adjust it. I don't know what to do my poor lady doesn't look good like it used to.

14. I've been PHing my nute solution

15. Yes it's normal to start to see yellowing during flowering. Don't remove any leaves during flower as the plant is going into hyper drive and soaking nutes from within itself to create more goo so it can catch some pollen. As for the gnats I have read that crab meal or need see meal is effective and safe.

16. Neem seed meal

17. You only don't have to ph if you have a true organic soil, which I doubt you have. It never hurts to ph the water. Are you sure your ph meter is calibrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. How can your runoff possibly be 8.5 after you flushed? Did you pH the water to 6.0 when you flushed? Did you flush with pure water (no nutes added?).

Sounds like you might have a salt buildup and maybe locking out nitrogen. Yellowing is normal during late flowering, not so much in week 3.

I still don't understand how flushing caused the runoff pH to go up, if it was done properly.

19. Assuming organic nutes means compost and the like, you definitely need to pH adjust your nutes if you're mixing them with water and not incorporating them directly into the soil.

Adjust the pH to around 6 (ish... You can bounce around close to there) AFTER adding nutes to the water.

20. Yes it was just normal phed water to 5.7. And I do actually have all organic soil. I don't know why you'd doubt that, is find it kind of hard to judge based on via internet that I WOULDNT use organic soil. I have a 3 gallon smart pot and I flushed with 9 gallons of water, I'm really confused myself and extremely frustrated. I'm deff not plucking the leaves off