Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Were Your Parents Stoners?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Naved, May 17, 2010.

1. They won't admit it to me, but all my uncles and aunts tell me my mom and dad used to be quite the party animals. Then, when they had me, they slowed down. Seems like I inherited that trait :D

2. I don't know my dad but I know my mum smoked when they were together with him.
    My mum is a hippy, she used to grow in her back garden but doesn't smoke regularly now, she toured with a ton of bands in the 70s/80s, going to all the music festivals, all of that jazz, she toured with some really famous people.

3. My dad smoked in highschool 3-5 times a day every day
    i think he preferred joints

he would like to still but has a semi high paying job its not worth losing over weed
    my mother , im not sure about her past i dont know much about her past but she smokes now so i'd assume when they were married they smoked together at least a couple times?

4. my dad smoked a lot when he was my age, my mom smoked but not a lot at all

they both drink now tho.. i dont really care for alcohol

5. Nope, but my mom asks for a bong hit every once and a while. I'll never be able to get my dad to smoke though haha.

I'm really the only stoner in my family besides my aunt which I don't think she smokes anymore, I just found out last year that she and my uncle used to grow in the back of their shed. When I was younger we were never allowed to go back there because there was a lot of bees:rolleyes:

6. Mine were not. I'm trying to get my mother to try it now because she has MS.

My paternal grandparents, however, were, at least occasionally. My grandmother used to tend my uncle's outdoor plants when he was away, and my cousin and I caught our grandparents smoking their hookah once or twice. I was too young then to know but I knew the smell wasn't tobacco. Most likely hash. My grandfather was born in Lebanon and apparantly he preferred hash.

7. u dont wanna do that blunt to joint is the ultimate downgrade...blunts all day.. j's tastelike shitt

8. That's a matter of opinion. I personally think blunts are vile and disgusting, and no bud I grow will ever be inside cheap toxic tobacco wraps.

If you like them more power to you and enjoy, just sayin'. :)

9. My dad was deeeep into drugs, and has been, according to him, for most of his life. Hes a recovering crack addict now, but when I was 12 I can remember going into his locked 'closet' and seeing 3-5 personal plants... my younger brother used to help him tend to them occasionally. I guess him growing up working at the CNE working with carnies, he was exposed to alot.

Hes told me story's of smuggling 2 kilos? of cocaine across the boarder.. pretty messed up. According to him, some 5 years ago he was a marjor marijuana supplier to his town, owning his own 'pawn shop' as a sort of side - cover.

Mom on the other hand, while liberal, has never touched an illegal drug, but ill be damned if she doesn't get her glass of red wine every night.

10. my dad still does but hes not on my leavel i always surprise him with the funkey stuff i bring home lol

11. when mymom was young shewasreallyinto lsd microdots, didall sorts of mescalin andshitlike that and hash and weed, my dad usedto sell pounds a lot, he is 69 years old and still smokes tha herb

12. My parents are from a tiny town in Pennsylvania, and well, to put it this way...
    My mom grew up there, and didn't see her first black person until she went to college at 18.
    and my grandpa doesn't believe in Global Warming and my aunt thinks Obama is the anti christ.
    My dad grew up there too and built himself up from nothing (he has a will of fuckin steel) and I'm convinced if I ever made him special brownies and fed em to him without him knowing he'd fuckin whoop my ass to next week.

So no, my parents aren't stoners :D

13. just wondering, whats the timeframe of your grandparents oking? i know you're an older dude and kinda curious to the date considering you don't really hear bout people toking before the 60's to much

14. My dad is a retired military officer, so he's mega against it now. But he smoked occasionally in college.
    My mom was a stoner, and still is. She won't smoke with me, but she and I understand each other :)

15. yea, my mom gets high. not that she'd ever admit it.... :rolleyes:

16. My dad has been a stoner since he was in high school. (He is 53) My mom used to smoke once in a while but now she hates it. My pops and I do mushies together and our gifts to each other are always weed related. He is a fucking cool dude and my best friend.

17. My father was Grew and smoked MJ in his days. My mother on the other hand I know for a fact smoked bud when she was younger, but she was into more heavier drugs. My moms knows I have smoked bud before (been smoking bud for around a year) and she never really yelled at me for it just advised me to stop, as any normal mother would. She's now a counselor. I smoke almost everyday. Some days I just don't feel like smoking :smoking:

18. I smoke with my Dad whenever I can. Unfortunately, he's on the job hunt right now, and it's been one long T-Break for him.

My Mom says she was never a smoker, and generally shuts down any weed talk she's around, but I don't believe her for shit. All of that goofy ass hippy shit she put us through growing up just says "hi, I smoke, or used to smoke, a lot".

19. My dad and mom both smoked in college. That's why in highschool when I got caught they weren't too mad.

20. My mom totally was and still is although obviously toned back with kids and a job. I love my mom and she is realy supportive of me. My dad smoked weed, but then in high school he went to some harder stuff and then got off all drugs for good, cause his friend got pretty messed up by heroin.