Were you carded when buying a lighter, and where did you buy it?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by kevinshields, Nov 25, 2018.

?

Were you carded, and where did you buy it?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
  3. Gas Station

16.7%
  4. Liquor Store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Grocery Store

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi, I'd like to use these results to determine the type of store with the lowest rate of ID checks for buying lighters. Completely legal interests, thanks for your input.

2. How old are you dude if you're getting asked for ID when you buy a lighter...

3. Im an 8 year old anime girl, now answer the poll

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. No lol you sound underage if you're asking about being asked for ID when you buy a lighter..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. obviously I'm underage, anyway I'm fuckin 20 and the limit is 21. legality means nothing considering weed itself was recently legalized..

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lol it's 18 to buy lighters in most places..

Why would you need to be 21 to purchase a lighter when the legal age to smoke cigarettes is 18??? What are you supposed to do, light your smokes via the toaster/cooker??:laughing::laughing:

7. Only had Zippos when I was a kid... Everyone used matches. They were free with advertising covering them. Almost every store, restaurant, bar and gas station had them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. In CA its 21 for all -smoking accessories I think-

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You're correct it's 21 for anything smoke related according to google.

It's 16 over here in the UK to buy ligthers & 18 for bongs papers ect

10. Depending on where you are, it doesn't matter how old you are. My mom is carded in NJ and she is 65 years old lol. It is retarded but some places do not care.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. The only time I've seen anything like that was at a baseball game where they literally carded everyone like senior citizens and shit. The lady kept apologizing to them though and said it was the policy

12. cash registers are programed now to pause until a birthday is entered for certain bought items. the shop is liable by law to have accurate dates

13. Yea these have been around for a while, most places they have a way to override it for the older folks but I guess people are getting into in trouble and whatnot. It's really dumb and inconvenient. Especially when you have an 80 year old in a walker getting carded hah. SOME common sense may be required :D

14. True story, an old boss of mine confessed how, in high school, her and a friend took some of their drama class' makeup and costume stuff home over a weekend. They got dressed up as an elderly couple and bought a cart full of beer and wine, and the grocery store did exactly what you're describing -they entered the birth date override and sold them the beer
    :cop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. No one really cares unless u look suspicious just buy it from a gas station but if you’re worried that u might get carded then just ask someone to buy it for u or go to a flea market

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum