Were you a good kid in High School?

Discussion in 'General' started by Darth_Bane, Jan 24, 2008.

1. What kind of student were you?

I was always computer savvy. I was friendly with all my teachers too, I'd talk to them like they were my friends, and I got decent grades. I got in fights alllllll the time though, most the time out of self defense. The staff still liked me, though.

2. I was a disturbed child who developed schizophrenia at an early age, and during high school I still had not had medication that worked effectively. In senior year I had two credits, needing 25. I went into an alternative program which was self-study, and being incredibly intelligent as I was/am I finished high school a semester early because the self-study was exactly what I needed. As smart as they might be, you cannot just put a depressed ADD schizophrenic who doesn't have effective treatment in a regular classroom and expect him to excel.

3. why be bad when you can be good?

just cuz you party doesnt mean you have to do bad in school too...at least thats my philosophy...i got As and Bs all through high school, was friednly with my teachers, and come senior year i was partying almost 7 days a week cuz my friend's paretns moved away and let him finish out is senior year with us so they rented him out a little apartment...you can imagine how that went

...if i was a senior in high school with my own apartment...damn haha (well it was pretty much the case)...but senior year was pretty much a joke anyway

i just dont see the point in givi ng staff a hard time...all my teachers with the exception of MAYBE 1 or 2 throughtout my entire high school career were pretty nice or understanding to a degree, they were there to teach me and i respect them for that (i also think academic-subject teachers are extremely underpaid for having such an important job)....i always saw kids being disrespectful during class, getting the consequences and then bitching about it, which was so ridiculous...a kid in one of my classes told a teacher to fuck off and was then complaining when he got a detention

be good to your environment and your environment will be good to you

4. Yeah my classmates were always disrespectful no matter how nice the teacher was. They were all little cunts if you ask me, with very few exceptions. The most common scenario was one guy would be talking, and everyone would be hearing him, and the teacher would give him detention or something or ask him to shut up and he'd be like 'Mayne I wa'nt even talkin' mayne!' Fuckers pissed me off.

5. I was just a normal teenager I guess. Made decent grades. Was never bothered by faculty or anything. I was an ex-football player who enjoyed to party, and was known as a player, until my senior year where i kept a steady relationship.

6. I was a son of a bitch. However, I was still probably the most liked student by teachers. Over the long 22 years of my life (haha) I've managed to perfect such skills as bullshitting/lieing, sweet-talking, social communication etc... I was constantly in trouble, yet I was cool with all my teachers..... except one. My 9th grade health teacher. For some crazy reason she didn't like me smoking cigarettes through the window in her class. Weird, I know. Nonetheless, up until 9th grade I made first honors every semester.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 9. Although I was never diagnosed, 2 seperate doctors suggested I take test for autism. My usual doctor at the time thought I had a slight, manageable case of autism. Probably because I could draw on my notebook, listen to the teacher while following along in the book, make a drum beat with my feet (or tongue ring when I got it at 15), and be thinking of something completely different than what was going on.... all the while comprehending everything going on. My ADHD did effect my schooling by making me be crazy fucking hyper and always looking for something worth while to do.

I started smoking herb and cigs on a regular basis by 12-13. Then eventually harder drugs. By 16 I was a dopehead. Drugs were, without a doubt, the biggest reason I did poorly in school. Up until 9th grade I was juggling school, friends, drugs/alcohol, and ADHD while still getting straight A's. The first semester of 9th grade I made second honors...which is like a 88-93 average. The second semester I failed every class except ceramics and didn't get enough credit to become a sophomore. So when all my friends were in 10th grade classes, I was re-taking all my freshman classes I failed. By this time I was deep into pills and was an alcoholic. I would get plastered before school almost everyday.

The second week of my second stint as a freshman (demoted sophomore) I had a little run in with the law. I had been doing a little drinking that day... and a lot of percocets. I skipped all my classes and just got wasted in study hall all day. I Didn't have a driver's license yet, but I drove to school anyway. I used to give my ex and my buddy a ride home everyday. On this particular day, as I was backing out of my parking spot, one of my buddies jumped on the back of my car. I was a little sloshed so I decided to fuck around a little bit. So I gunned it in reverse while my buddy was on the back...... as I was doing that, another student was pulling out of her spot. Needless to say I smashed right into her Jetta. My friend was very lucky he jumped off in time or else he could have lost both of his legs. You know how high school is...so by now a thousand kids are in the parking lot trying to get a glimpse of what went down.

Unfortunately, the year I got to high school was the same year my town posted 5-easy at the schools. So after his accident in the parking lot, this huge, black, intimidating 6'7" cop come strolling up to me.... 'License, registration and insurace card.' Well, your friend and humble narrator was fucked. At first I didn't say anything about being 15 and not having a license. So I just played it cool and looked for my paperwork. At the time, my Cavalier was filled with junk. At the same time there was an old toilet seat, a 30 pack of Buddy Weis, a set of golf clubs in a golf bag, an authentic Austrailian bomerang, about 5 sweatshirts and 3 coats, and a bunch of other garbage. The folder containing all my paperwork was not in the glovebox, so I had to look through the shit in the back to find it...with this huge cop looking over my shoulder. The fisrt thing I moved was a leather jacket.... under which was an opened 30 case of Bud, missing about 10 beers....and had a fifth of J.D. in the empty space. As soon as the cop saw that he violently grabbed me out of the car, threw me against the hood and preceeded to arrest me...... in front of my girlfriend, the entire school, and 3 principals.

To make a long story short, I didn't have to go back to school until the 2nd semester started. Since I missed a whole semester, and had a tool for a tutor, once again I lacked the required credits to advance. So.... by the time I was 16, I should have been starting my junior year. But instead I only had enough credits to be a frehman. By this time I was addicted to opiates, so everything went downhill. I started fights in school. I got caught smoking at leats once a week. I would get suspended like once a month. Eventually the principal and board of ed decided to kick me out of high school and put me in an alternative program. So for being an asshole I got to go to a shcool that wasn't allowed to give homework, started at 8:30 and let out at noon, and only had 30 kids in it.... all like me. I went to this school until I was 17. I still only had like 8 credits (need like 24 to graduate) so I dropped out. 3 months later I signed up for a G.E.D. test. I didn't study or take any prep courses and I scored in the 90th percentile in every subject. Honestly, all you need to pass the GED test is the ability to speak english, a pencil, and an elementary school education. I can't express enough how easy that test was.

Make your own opinion. I don't think I was a good kid in high school. If I didn't get involved with the wrong crown and drugs I probably could've went to Yale. Whcih would have been cool because it's 20 minutes from my house.

I have since graduated from Lincoln Tech's electrician program.

7. "Thizz High School, go to school high, fool..."

I was always high on something. I was considered a very "bad" kid.

I mean shit first we got the gangs, the drug dealing (which I was expelled for), the fighting, random bathroom or classroom sex (yeah we used to break into classrooms and fuck), and the constant drug use.

I used to smoke meth in the backstops on the baseball field, smoke weed in the bathrooms, shoot heroin in the bathroom stalls, snort lines of coke off my desk in the middle of class, pop handfuls of pills whenever and wherever, I thizzed and shrooms at school. I mean I was CONSTANTLY fucked up. Then people would try to start shit, and I was obviously not in a stable mental condition while on so many drugs that I'd immedietly throw my shit down and beat some ass.

My grades were shit too. Once I got expelled though, I got all my work done, and I had all A's and B's. lol

Easy shit.

8. Meh I wasn't very bad, I didn't get into trouble - my teachers knew I smoked tho. I was pretty much a total loner, real quiet, didn't talk to anyone, didn't have any friends in the school. I used to skip a lot of classes. A lot.

9. i dindn't cause alot of trouble. only in my orchestra class because my teacher was kind of a bitch. i'd talk back to her alot. i got bad grades in alot of my classes too.

10. Well, I am still in highschool, currently expelled due to some bullshit. I was suspended a few years back for posession. In other words, my whole school knows who I am and what I do... My teachers like me though because I have always been respectful and out spoken. Many think I am a really intelligient person but the drugs just have me mixed up. I do admit that drugs are taking away from my education, but thats only because I let them... I wish I would have learned how to study harder when I was younger...

11. I never REALLY got into any bad trouble. I didn't start drinking until later in junior year, didn't smoke bud until a month or two before college, I got pretty good grades throughout and played sports. I definitely wasn't a goody goody, but never really got into trouble either

12. i got good grades and didn't get in any trouble except for some "computer misuse". I didn't really drink or smoke in high school because my gf was so against it.

I really didn't care about high school classes because they were so damn boring. I read a shitload of books during class. Teachers would bitch at me but then i surpassed alot of kids so they left me alone. My precalc teacher never could understand how i was aceing her exams while everyone else was failing and all i did was read in her class and play chess.

13. I was the school clown. Sometimes my antics got me in trouble, but I always talked my way out of it. I also often entered verbal duels with my maths teacher, but we both considered it a sport so it never created any problems for me.

14. 4.1 was my cumulative GPA.

Finished #5 in my class of 600

Skipped school at least 3 times a day to get it lit.

Am now in Madison and am maintaining a 3.0 GPA - and still Smoke Weed Everyday.

15. i wasnt really a bad kid by any standards, i got a few detentions, and only 2 suspensions (although they were 10 day suspension as opposed to the standard 3 day) but i didnt really do to good in school, i managed to pass everything except for history class my junior year, which i passed my senior year (barely) so it was all good

basically for me i loved goin to school, it gave me a place to chill with my friends, see my girlfriend, and most importantly, get away from my dad so i could get FUCKED UP. some of the most fucked up i've been moments happened in highschool, like droppin a 10strip of acid, or taking 600mg's of dxm and 4 hits of acid. for the most part i would just gulp down robitussin almost everyday on the bus to school and eat a lil 25cent bag of chips to help with my stomach although i puked like every other day in school

the one time i walked into my school and puked right in the hallway, u could see 16 individual pills in my pile of red vomit, so i jus bounced outta there

my teachers definitely knew i did drugs, considerin there was a few times i would just disappear for a few weeks n have to go to rehab/psychward/youth shelter/etc. but they all were cool with me

so was i a bad kid no, but i was definitely fucked up

16. i barely ever went, when i did it was just to sell some bud, ended up dropping out in the 10th grade, i got my GED now tho

17. jeezz talking about feeling sorry for yourself

the teachers like me. i talk to them like i would a friend. i just try not to act suspicious though because i bring shit to school that i dont want to get caught with

18. I was an A/B student, never got detention in my life. Never got involved in any trouble or fighting or anything. I drank a little bit my senior year, when it came around to me, but I wasn't much of a partier. I didn't smoke at all until this past summer, didn't even try weed in high school.

19. Well i did a lot of weed and thizz, got drunk in school a fair bit, sometimes got blazed, did ketamine in class once(fun fun fun) but other then that not much, i racked up the k on my desk but nobody noticed, they must have been able to smell the booze on my breath though

20. I never went to highschool. I was one of those kids who was smart but didn't embrace it. I was the class clown in middle school. The principle and teachers loved me and saw me as the smart kid with no motivation, they were right. So instead of going to highschool, at the end of 8th grade, I just went to community college. My area has a program that when you turn 16 you can leave highschool and go to the local community college and get 24 gen ed credits and then they give you a High School Equivalency Diploma (GED). Well at the end of 8th grade, my parents and I convinced my super to allow me to do that at 14 instead of 16. So I spent my first year of college working on my GED credits, and I got it. Then i spent another 2 years there and got my associates. Then I transfered to Buffalo State College for Psych. However resently I left Buffalo State and I am now home working. Throughout that whole time I wasn't much of a drinker or weed smoker. In community college I did go to class high rather often, but not as much as alot of people. Not untill Buffalo State did I start drinking and smoking all day every day. Believe it or not, I pulled good grades however, I changed my major and Buffalo State didn't have the major I wanted so I just left.

I was just an average kid with alot of friends that did my own thing. I was in no cliche or group. I was into sports heavy and I was a computer wiz. But no one knew I was smart except for the teacher. Once I went to community college I just chilled out did my work and bounced. Did most of my partying at my friends place. We would have an hour or two between classes so I would just drive to his place burn one and head back for the rest of my classes.

If I did the normal thing I would be 18 and a senior in High School. Just slugging along and most deff. in fights every day. I don't take shit from anyone and the highschool I would have gone to has alot of dumbasses that I have told off and they think they are thugs. But they are just low life white trash wannabee gangsters and they didn't like that I told them off and whooped their asses.