We're the Aliens

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by LostBegonia, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Someday, humans will discover a planet with "primitive" humanoid lifeforms. And we will take them at night to study them and then put them back. We will create mysterious phenomena they can't explain like spaceship shaped dents in their fields. We will eventually settle there and destroy their homes to make room for our own. And most people won't see any irony in this whatsoever.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Humans destroy everything we come in contact with. So i wouldn't be surprised.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. This has already happened, we are the primitive human life forms.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. I remember that episode,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Another Twilight Zone episode that is relevant: the one where this lady in a farmhouse is fighting off tiny alien invaders and the twist is that the invaders are actually from Earth and from their perspective they've landed on a planet of hostile giants

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #7 DaPhats, Apr 17, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    Absolutely.

We're already doing it to every animal here, so why wouldn't we do it there? Starfleet and the prime directive are a fantasy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Currently, yes. In the future.......
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

9. [​IMG]

all of a sudden .... :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Just a matter of which one gets us first.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. While watching one of the Jurassic World movies I was thinking one day humans will go extinct because of some tiny mistake by an idiot in a lab. at least if that happens, it might save the aliens from us

• Like Like x 3
  12. There are no aliens. There's ancient humans that got off planet tens of thousands of years ago and went down a different evolutionary path while in space.

Compared to them we're like tribal rainforest.... tribes, and much like we maintain minimal contact with tribes to preserve their culture, they minimally contact us.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Plausible....I like it.

14. Me too. I actually saw it again a while back on a retro channel we get here. It's on weeknights at midnight.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Interesting idea, for sure.

16. #16 Cactus Ed, Apr 18, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    Close. There are no aliens is correct. In the future humans develop the ability to time travel and travel to the past to when humans first appeared on Earth and seeded the planet with humans. We are our own ancestors.

17. Well I am in my intergalactic transport machine and earth won't let me land ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I’m reading this sci fi book and basically there’s a bunch of alien life in the universe, but earth is considered a D class planet to the aliens and not intelligent enough to make contact with. Lol
    7CA37D74-CBF4-4972-865A-CA252AEC87CD.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Very plausible.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hey! My name is Bob! I'm not going to show this to my girlfriend, because she'd probably agree with it. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1