Went to the doctor

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Urge, Apr 12, 2012.

1. For the past couple of months I've had small bumps on the webbing of my fingers and feet and it's recently got to the point where it itches so I scratch it and end up scratching so much that I end up cutting myself and having scabs all over my body and my skin is really dry

Its gotten unbearable so today I went to the clinic and it turns out I have really bad egsima or somthing called scabbies. I just want this all to go away :(

2. Dude that sucks, if your skin is dry try getting a body wash with moisturizer in it, that's what I use. Keeps my skin MOIST AS FUCK!!!!!!!!

3. I take a shit ton of showers but it dosent help I got some lotion today from the doctor that should get rid of it in a week. Thank god I don't even Remeber how it feels to not itch lmao. Don't understand how I get this when I'm a germaphobe and won't even pick up objects outside with my barehands

4. if you are a germophobe and you wash your hands a lot... they will become really dry lol...

5. [quote name='"Urge"']For the past couple of months I've had small bumps on the webbing of my fingers and feet and it's recently got to the point where it itches so I scratch it and end up scratching so much that I end up cutting myself and having scabs all over my body and my skin is really dry

Its gotten unbearable so today I went to the clinic and it turns out I have really bad egsima or somthing called scabbies. I just want this all to go away :([/quote]

Wait, so they told you it was either eczema or scabies? Pretty sure you need to know which one. Eczema is a rash while scabies are little bugs in your skin.

6. Should get some cortizone and get some moisturizing lotion breh taking alot of showers can dry your skin out

7. [quote name='"Smokey55109"']

Wait, so they told you it was either eczema or scabies? Pretty sure you need to know which one. Eczema is a rash while scabies are little bugs in your skin.[/quote]

Wasent a dermatologist

8. [quote name='"Urge"']

Wasent a dermatologist[/quote]

Why wouldn't you go to a dermatologist for a skin issue?

9. because minor/medium skin irritations a regular doctor can diagnose it and treat it. No reason for him to take it to the next level of going to a dermatologist unless it gets worse or doesn't get better.

OP - sorry to hear that. I had a mild case of eczema a few years back. Had a little spot on one of my knuckles, behind my ear, and at the crack of my eye. The one on the crack of my eye ended up being painful. Always felt like it was on fire.
    Luckily mine wasn't bad enough to go to the Dr. I used an over the counter medicine, started using lotion on the places more often, made sure I dried off completely after showers. Went away pretty quick.

I know eczema can be pretty nasty and cause scarring and stuff.

10. Dude, if you're that big a clean freak, it's actually quite unhealthy. Bacteria is natural and necessary. When you sterilize everything you encounter, your immune system doesn't have a chance to develop immunity to different diseases. I would recommend trying to get over that. I take it you're the type to carry around hand sanitizer?

///M

11. Taking a shower too much will also dry out your skin.... hell, taking ONE shower slightly too hot for slightly too long will make your skin uncomfortably dry. Moisturize it up, also I lol'd at the guy who said you should know the difference between bugs in your skin and a rash, just because of how extremely true that is.

12. Yep. One of the main causes that I read about was taking showers that are too hot, or using hot water. I take a lot of showers, and like the water pretty hot. So had to ease back on the temp a little bit.

Also read that people who work as dishwashers have lots of problems with eczema on their hands.

13. Thats probably why. Showers and hot water dry your skin. When showering use cooler water. and also use lotion after you get out and dry yourself. Be generous with the lotion, it wont bite!