Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Went to MJ Doctor got prescribed Dronabinol

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Delusional K, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Wasn't really what I wanted...(a card)

Here were my reasons for getting a card:
    Insomnia
    Anxiety Disorder
    OCD
    Depression

He gave me these pills and also said I might have ADD? I dont think I do nor do I really care if I do but he kepting talking about ADD like that was the reason I came in for.

I'm seeing him again for a check up to see if the pills are working for me in a couple days.

I have a few questions

1) Why would he only talk about how weed helps ADD and not my other problems? It was kind of confusing because i really need weed for sleep and all he talked about was how it can help ADD

2) What can I say to him in my next visit to ensure I get a card?

The truth is, the pills have helped my depression quite a bit, and my anxiety as well(I take 3 2.5mg a day)
    But it is NOT helping with sleeping at all, it gives me a relaxed feeling but it is so much weaker then weed it doesn't put me to sleep

2. Then just tell him that next time you go. I use weed for insomnia, it's a wonderful cure. I'm sure you'll get it at some point. If not, maybe go to another doctor?

3. yeah I'm not one to lie to my doctor but this guy is EXPENSIVE

I mean hes $250/hour to TALK to. My next visit will only be 15 minutes or so(thats what he told me) so not as much money but still that is insane :mad:

I want to be honest to him but If I have to go in, tell him the truth, and he denies me its a HUGE waste of money.

4. I'm confused - is this a doctor who SPECIALIZES in recommending MMJ, or just a regular GP?

Or are you in Canada?

5. He specializes in recommending MJ, I live in California(which is apparently the easiest to get a card in)

When I went into his office there was pro-MJ posters everywhere and 420 written on places, and his staff was composed of girls that were below 24 years old 0.o Kinda weird(the doctor is an older short man)

6. find out the side effects and complain of those lol:cool:

7. Wow, well, I dunno, I've not heard of that kind of thing happening with a doctor that specializes in MMJ
    You may wish to find a different doctor.

8. :eek: WTF....either your really getting ripped off, or things have seriously changed since the first time I got my recommendation. I got mine (now expired) for the first time in 2007. It was a place in the valley, 1 doctor, 2 assistants. He charged a $200 annual fee. with that, you could just come in again for followups or whatever, with no additional charges.

9. Actually $200 for a recommendation in California is also quite expensive. Most first time recommendations are about $150, though they can be had as low as $80.

10. Heres the thing, dranabinol is a synthetic form of THC, right (i get it scribed too btw) and marijuana doesn't only contain THC.

Studies have shown that THC without other cannabinoids causes psycosis and bipolar tendancies and other negative stuff, so do some research on the effects of THC without other cannabinoids and tell him that Dranabinol is giving you negative effects that marijuana doesn't give you. You can say it makes you overly paranoid, skittish, etc.

11. this system is horse shit... he knows you want a mmj card but he is going to syphon as much mulla as he can out of you and prescribe you this shit first... i say balls to the wall and be like "im not comfortable WHAT SO EVER taking prescription, immitation cannabis pills to thwart my symptoms..." and then if he doesnt recommend it raise hell and be like ITS MY BODY!!! hahaha.... its not really funny but i feel like thats what has to be done to get a card sometimes because these doctors are so bent on synthetic treatments

12. Ok well I see him on the 22nd

I'm going to try my best to get a card, but if he says no thats when i go WTF MAN I PAID YOU 250 BUCKS FOR THIS SHIT!!!

13. Are you seeing a primary doctor for thoose conditions?

14. damn that really weird for an mmj doc, especially in cali. good luck getting your card man!

15. Wow, didn't get a card.

He said I was "too complicated"
    And won't consider a card until I have 6 months with a therapist.

Complete bullshit.

16. #16 mobitsfa, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
    WTF? Go to a different doctor. 250 an hour is bullshit he's just ripping you off man.

Go to any reputable mmj recommending doc and you'll pay 80-160 leaving with a 1 year recommendation.

If you want to pm me your location or post it, just a general area where you'd like to go like orange county, LA, etc.., i'll tell you a doc where you'll be able to get your rec.

17. Your a good person mate! And yourt 100% right also on that doc is full of shit.

-BH

18. New doctor!

19. As other's have said, you were ripped off. Here in Colorado it's $200 maximum. I know the situation is the same in Cali.

Someone here can recommend one, I'm sure.

-The Budmaster

20. If you are in CA you are a SHORT DRIVE to a legit, licensed MMJ doc who will write you a doc approval for $100 to $150. Walk-ins welcome. No approval = no charge, but everyone gets approved. Don't bother bringing anything except your CA DL.