Well, it's legal here finally and it's time to start!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Badpanda83, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Hey y'all! Marijuana is finally legalized in my state and after a discussion with the misses to make sure she was on board I am going to grow myself a plant. I am not looking to take over the pot market or produce ass tons of medicine. I have worked in grow ops quite a bit in my time. This is about me getting to finally grow this amazing plant legally.

Anywho, here is the list of my setup:
    Maine coast soil.
    Black gold perlite.
    4 * LED full spectrum 80w bulbs with the cool little clamping holders.
    Fox farms grow/bloom nutirents.
    PH tester.
    3 gallon size food safe buckets one drilled for drainage another not.
    600w heater cause it's winter here.
    Small two speed fan
    Tempature and humidity sensor.
    Web cam for remote viewing of stuff. Also plan to make a time lapse once all done.
    3 auto flower seeds.
    Also got one of them C02 bags you set out to increase c02.

So that's what I have right now. this is going in a cleaned out location in my basement that has fresh mylar lined foam insulation on walls and ceiling.

If y'all could be kind and let me know if I forgot anything that would be a show stopper for this little winter project that would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello fellow Mainer, it's always best to plant on water access, for ease.

And be careful of your wires. I realize you said LED's, but living in Maine myself, I know how these old houses are. Safety first.

Good luck man, and happy growing :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome to Grasscity!

4. That was my first concern. I know the house was remodeled in the late 90's and I made sure the basement wiring I was using was not "missed".

I was.like how did he/she know I was a Mainer!!?? The soil was a dead give away. What do you mean plant on water access?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Like a hose or something, so you can water the ladies

6. So, I noticed a saddle valve for water filtration right outside the room. been tinkering some ideas how best to take advantage of that. my current plan is use a few more food safe buckets I get for free to let my water stand for the 24 and then mix my nutrients and ph adjustments as needed.

7. You will need a grow light. The lights you listed will help you see in your grow room, but won't do much for growing weed.

CO2 bags are just a tool to separate money from new growers. They are 100% useless for anything.