Well, it was a good run...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HighMountainSkier, May 20, 2011.

1. I found out today, that I've been demoted, and I'm no longer a manager for my company (I've been one for 6 years). I'm kinda torn about this. One one hand, they didn't reduce my pay any. On the other hand, I'm kinda sad I'm no longer team leader. On the final hand, I'm thrilled to reduce my responsibilities, but I don't know what my new job is going to entail.:confused_2:

I might have to go back into an on-call rotation. If that's the case, I'll have to give up weed again. :devious: For right now, I'm getting high and drunk and taking tomorrow off.

2. Do you know why?

3. less responsibility and the same pay, i don't see how that's a problem at all. :D

4. #4 Eight Sizzler, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's what I was thinking as well

5. Lol you fucked up son

6. He got caught wankin.

7. thats usually a sign that the end is coming for you..

if i were you, id start looking for a new job. why would you stay in a place that demotes you after 6 years. either your failed as a manager, or they are phasing you out for a different reason. I personally would find a new job bc a demotion on your resume would not look good either. good luck either way man:smoke:

8. "to better align the region org structure to match the division org structure" Of course nobody's ever really seen the division org structure

Yeah, I guess I'll miss my team some. We had shit running really well as a department. Sucks that the band is breaking up.

Idk. I've been working for this company for 15 years (longer then 80% of the workforce). 100,000 people work for this company and I've made friends and networking contacts in numerous workgroups. I'm sure I could find a managent job somewhere if I really pushed hard, just none as sweet as the gig I had.

9. Oh yeah, thanks for listening everyone.

10. Yea seems like there planning to get rid of you.... Why would they demote someone after 6 years, you either did something wrong and there gonna fire you, or they are too stupid to realize that you arent fit to be a manager quicker than 6 years. lol

good luck brah :smoke: bout to smoke on some jack :cool:

11. Dude i don't know why your stressing. You have a different job now, one which sounds like it's easier and less stressful. AND your getting payed the SAME amount. I'd be happy if I were you. I guess the part about not being able to blaze sucks.
    But how long would you not be able to?