well, i lost my job.

Discussion in 'General' started by HighHaze, Mar 22, 2010.

1. lost my wallet at work which had $100+ in it, as well as debit cards and other important shit. i looked all over for it and never found it, and i know someone stole it but dont know who, but have a suspicion. i couldn't prove anything though. it got me really pissed because i am broke as hell and really needed that money to pay for my schooling.

i lost it. i went into the break room, flipped/slammed chairs, tables, headbutted the vending machine, and punched two holes in the wall. This isn't how i would usually act, but I dont know.....I feel like i am always holding my anger in to be the mature person (passive aggressive) and i guess i had enough of it and regressed. I probably would've done something even worse later on if i didnt flip out and release all of that anger. not really an excuse for my behavior, but just giving you some insight on my perception. they told me to go home and got me a ride, and my manager gave me cab fare after i stared him the fuck down.

so they told me i was suspended for 3 days and that i would have to explain my side of the story next time i come in. i did, and was remorseful......but basically, they were so scared of me after that that they fired me. i told them to tell the manager that gave me the money for the cab that i said thanks a lot cuz i felt bad after intimidating him and taking his money like that.

no idea what im gonna do now....that was a good job. i always fuck up with jobs FUCKIN ALWAYS. dont know how im gonna explain this to my dad. I am going to try to get unemployment but i dont know how that goes. I haven't felt suicidal (yet) though like i would've in the past which is a good thing. Hope i can keep it up and just boucne back and find that other opportunity that just opened since this one closed.

CLIFFS
    -lost wallet with a lot of money in it at work
    -got mad, fucked shit up
    -got fired

2. Really sorry to hear that man. You're a good guy and it always sucks when this type of shit happens to good people.

I probably would've done the same, had I been in your situation. I don't take too well to thieves, and not knowing who took something of mine would drive me crazy.

Keep your head up cuz, and just keep searching for a job. I'm not sure how unemployment works either, but hopefully another blade will be able to give you the scoop about that.

And about the suicidal thoughts bit, don't even waste your time. Just keep on going man. Everything always tends to work itself out. And if you get too up in your feelings you know you can always talk to me, or even just vent on here.

3. You won't get unemployment; can't get it if you're fired, especially for this reason.

Sorry about your situation. I Don't much like working for other people, either. Myself and a few thousand watts of high pressure sodium are attempting a bypass; consider the same.

4. stay fired. grow weed. get money. work part time. laugh at boss. get fired again. laugh because you have 4 lbs comin out every 2 months that make you 3x as much as the manager who spent years and years working.

laugh@life. it's fun. thats my advice. :)

sorry to hear about your problems though.

5. Sorry to hear about that bro just get back on track and look 4 a new job. Im unemployed at the moment too do to problems at my old job so your not alone keep ya head up and keep suiside as far out of your mind as possible

6. I agree your life is fucked-fml

also man i think im Passive aggressive and one day i flipped out in 9th grade and stabbed this dude repeatedly with a sharpened stick, no really....im serious

7. Maybe seek some professional help to deal with your anger management and depression? Most big cities have programs where you can see a pro for free. I was very resistant to the idea when I needed it, but everything I have been able to acheive since then is because I got some help.

8. dude no someone stole your shit if it was within recent time they should have had people emptyin their pockets. atleast you went out fuckin fighting!!!!! When i got "laid off" from ibm or so they called it, they were saying that they told me info i wasnt allowed to tell my team, and that i had told them anyway, which wasnt true, and the shit they told me was that my team was getting shifted to india aka we all get fired or relocated to night shift, so i told them when they told me i was fired cause of it, and my team instantly fucking got up n left. Meaning about 500-600 unanswered tech calls arrived, IBM's fee for not answering call = 40 bucks on my account...soooo do that math lol we cost them like 2k-3k in damages that they couldnt nail on me cause i was labeled as "terminated" meaning i had no effect...from their angle...fucking noobs

9. Haha pwn'd. ^ :hello:

Never been fired from a job, but I did see a former coworker punch a manager in the face and knock him out. It was at a waterpark too, pretty low stress job to act like that. Needless to say, he regretted it. But that does suck man, I know how you feel I've blown up like that before, just not at work. I'd be super pissed, maybe just next time take some deep breaths and punch stuff when you get home.

10. Haha shit, at least you went out with a bang. Whoever took your wallet is probably so fucking happy you didn't find out it was him, would've been funny though if your manager would've pulled out YOUR wallet when he went to give you cab fare, especially after you were ALREADY staring him down hahaha.

11. I feel you brother, you had a pretty tough time at work and it ended badly. It's okay to be depressed about what happened, even beat yourself up a little but don't spend more time than is necessary grieving over it because nothing will change f you drown yourself in self-pity. Such is life, shit like this happens in one form or another to all of us. And the most important aspect besides the pain you are feeling is what you can learn from this.

My Advice: The issues you've had with jobs in the past have their origins, in that, they wouldn't just randomly happen. It's important for you to find out why, know yourself, and if you can't answer the questions get to know yourself. Human behavior rarely if ever just happens. Often times it takes more energy to run away from an issue or bury it down deep then it does to be honest with one's self.

Head up young man, hopefully you'll have many years ahead of you to be introspective and move beyond this.

"Each of us has much more hidden inside us than we have had a chance to explore. Unless we create an environment that enables us to discover the limits of our potential, we will never know what we have inside of us."

~Muhammad Yunus~

Stay green.

12. thanks for the replies everyone

thanks luke. im cool though, i think im over suicide and depression for the most part....its been a while since i've been depressed for any more than say....2 minutes. It's when my hobbies stay stagnant and i feel like im not doing much when those thoughts creep around along with other factors as well, but i've been indulging in plenty of my hobbies lately and even picked up another old one (martial arts, FUCK SHIT UP). yea its whatever now though, that guy has my money and other shit, maybe a picture of my dick or two, hope he enjoys.

will do

i dont really think i need anger management, not much makes me mad nowadays....as a matter of fact im the one who is always wondering why others are always so damn mad. i really think i flipped because i havent been to the gym in a while though...

i wish my co workers did that with me.

i did take some deep breaths but i kept thinking about it, and i already fucked up enough shit at home and didn't want my dad to come home to see another hole in the wall or somethin....then WE would actually have to pay for the damage haha

LMAO, thanks for that laugh man. Yea i bet that motherfucker that stole it is happy i didnt find out, woulda put a hole in his fuckin head instead :smoke:.

well my other jobs i would usually quit, then realize it was a dumb decision....this time i just got straight up fired lol. It was a great catharsis thoughand its been a while since i've been to the gym, so that may have been the problem because i use that as a stress reliever.