Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Well, enough is enough

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dillweed121, Dec 5, 2008.

1. #1 Dillweed121, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
    Well, I am officially quitting the drug that is of major discussion on this forum. It has been roughly 2 weeks, and allready I am having some challenges associated with the drug's withdrawal symptoms. I wanted to ask you guys how much longer they will probably persist.

A little background, I have been smoking semi frequently for roughly two years after heading back from Amsterdam.

Generally speaking probably one joint a day was my perdium. I rarely would go further than that amount. Still, lately depression has set in, also very disturbing dreams and loss of cognitave thinking has also been present. All of this is fading away slowly, but I am perturbed by the possibility of not returning back to a normal state due to the length of time I smoked. I understand that this varies from person to person and the potency/quantity smoked. If anyone wouldn't mind sharing their experiance with kicking the habit, it would be of immense help and moral support to getting off of this train wreck.

Also, I am currently taking antioxidents and cleansers hopeing that the healing process can be expidited. Currently I am taking Niacin 100mg per day and blueberry smoothies (very potent in vitamin B-12). Any help is greatly appreciated

2. A couple years isn't that long to have been smoking, you'll feel a little out of it for maybe a couple weeks more if that. Not to insult you, but a lot of it is psychosomatic and if you put your mind to it you'll realize little has changed and it's not so hard to move on with life.

Good luck :)

3. some weed'll cure that right up.

4. i feel for ya and i wish i could help. i have to agree tho, maryjane isnt addictive, maybe mentally, no more than chocolate or sex. something we enjoy makes us mentally want it however; not everyone needs it. for me its a god send. i am bi-polar, anxiety and ADD and suppose to be on many pills including adderall. i dont take any of them. i gained weight, my hair was falling out. i wasnt sleeping or eating most the time. i quit the pills and went back to my ole friend many years ago. doing fine now. to each their own uh? good luck!

5. hahaha

6. exercise and get out. If you didn;t feel like this before it's just a mental thing. I think you miss the weed. If you don't want to smoke then you need to do what you gotta do to move on.

7. I lol'd.

8. substitute your weed addiction for something else. maybe working out, or playing a game. idk whenever you think about smoking, then go work out or whatever you substitution is.

9. You've prolly been getting high for so long you've forgotten what's it's like to be completely sober. If your really getting that depressed you prolly don't want to be smoking anyways, it'd only make your current mood worse.

10. "If anyone wouldn't mind sharing their experiance with kicking the habit, it would be of immense help and moral support to getting off of this train wreck."

Perhaps I'm growing cynical, but I smell troll.

One does not join a marijuana enthusiast forum and with their first post ask for help quitting.

If this is real, join a habit-cessation support group/forum.
    If this is the obvious troll I feel it is, find a more fulfilling hobby. :wave:

11. honestly, with all due respect, I find it hard to believe you are having such a tough time quitting marijuana. I have smoked ritually for the last 3 years and have absolutely no problems going on t breaks for months even.

The only ill effect I can think of is not being able to get to sleep quite as easy. other than that, I think it's all in the mind. But, like already stated earlier, some people just react to it differently than others. Tough it out man, you should be fine in a few weeks.

Oh and whatever you do, DONT get a prescription for depression meds, they will ruin your life and withdrawal symptoms are WAY worse than weed, speaking from experience.

12. dont blame your problems on the plant, sounds like its you...weed isnt "addictive", and ive never heard of ANYONE having withdrawls when stopping smoking for a while...

p.s. i smell bullshit....

13. this doesn't seem legit one post they joined this month this year ... and in their post complaining about their weed experience they never said weed .... or marijuana also why would they post in apprentice's forum except a person trying to scare new people with a wild story .... thats my two cents

14. It is guys, and the reality is I'm a lot better now than I was before. I like the drug, I really do for recreational purposes (or else I wouldn't of done it in the first place), however, due to having short term memory problems at work and friends being hecklers of being spaced out a lot from the drug, I've decided to take this path. I am not a troll just to clarify, my post before was out of desperation for the initial stages of quitting. I value every human's choice to smoke or not, do whichever substance, it's non of my business to discuss or shed a terrible light on smoking for everyone, we all have our reasons. It is a problem with me that I have come to face with.

I do apologize if I came across as someone who is your atypical christianite bible slamming new begining individual that you hear so much of and get so sick of.

15. i'd cool it with the niacins. they can cause liver damage really quickly.