well damn...

Discussion in 'General' started by waitin-on-a-sac, Dec 14, 2010.

1. so this fall i got into a decent college trying to get a higher education. instead of going hard and taking lots of credits at the get go i decide i wanna take a semester chill break.

With all the time on my hands i partied waaaay too much, and parying in a small town expect some harrassment from the cops. well the cops caught me few times, most of them werent even my fault, but this most recent one was bad...

i got blackout drunk at like 930 then i guess i wandered around the dorms being beligerant. to cut things short i woke up in prison totally confused. so this being my 3rd offense the punishments are pretty severe. im being suspended for 12 months after i finish this semester. im completely embarassed to tell my other siblings (parents already know) and i dont know what i want to do with my life anymore.

Im not coming back to this fucking place but i still feel like i need an education. if i go to another college i will be way behind everybody else, which makes me think of the different paths i can take. The military has always seemed enticing but im nervious to give it a chance. space is my passion, i want to have some involvment in it with my future career.

this is def me venting but i need some advice.. i think i might just get a job while im on suspention, then apply to another school after my 12 months is up. but is that even worth it? or should i just give the military a chance?

this prob sounds ridiculious but i need to do some serious soul searching, i just need to know what to do with my life.:confused::confused::confused:

2. You cant even control yourself in school but you want to join the military...

3. The military would straighten you up lol. You might want to check into joining the Air Force.

4. if you have felonies you cant join

5. Well I guess if you're trying to change things you gotta look at it step by step which means your first big issue is the partying which leads to your next one getting in trouble with the law...so eliminate the crazy partying and you shouldnt have those problems so that much is solved...

stop worrying so much what other people think about you and being insecure about going to college whenever you want dont feel like you're behind whoever you know to be "everybody" as if we are racing to reach our deaths and later we'll discuss who got out of college first?

I highly doubt being behind some folks in college is going to be the highlight or story of your life....so with this being said you dont have to worry about other stupid paths like the military...especially if you're nervous sounds more like just like a way out so you could regret that one ...but I dunno who you are...

go back to school dont give up on it but take this as a lesson and actually do something differently next time and you'll certainly get better results

just think about who you want to be and then understand what you have to do to get to where you want to be

like somebody who wants to be a pro athlete puts hours and hours into the sport...or a college student who wants straight A's puts hours into their studies

If you keep doing things like just drinking and smoking with no other desires you could end up anywhere doing anything else...and it seems like multiple times you've ended up in jail (not prison)

good luck to ya tho :wave:

6. its not that i cant control myself, it was just fucked up circumstances. partying is out of the picture, i had my fun.

i want to make a career with anything i do. so if i do join the service i would enroll in west point.

w/e ill have plenty of time to think about it..

7. the military likes to take advantage of people who don't know what to do with themselves. if you're smart enough to choose your own education you would probably be better off sticking with it. you're not going to be way behind if you go somewhere else, who are you going to be comparing yourself to if you don't know anybody there? just go to a cheap state school or tech school and get all of your core requirements out of the way while you figure out what you're going to do later on.

8. im at a terch school at the moment. and im def smart enough to stay in school, but i lose my competitive edge if i graduate in 6 years rather than 4. what my logic is, is that if i can make a career out of the military by going to west point it will be well worth the risk.

9. You don't lose your competitive edge. Where did you get that garbage?

10. you had too much to drink and blacked out.

cut the drinking. focus on school and your job if you have one and get your degree.

or if you wanna party, do it over summer or take a semester off. dont waste money and time partying and failing your classes ( a lesson i learned passing it on to you )

11. My question is if you've been suspended from school for 12 months, why would West Point take the risk in admitting you? I have a friend from high school that went to West Point, in addition to his 3.5-3.7, 1500(old SAT), and 3 letters of reference from ranking officials(mayor, congressman, and senator) he was about the same as many of the other applicants.

You need to get priorities straight. Getting out of control drunk on a small college campus is probably the worst idea, the cops main focus is the control/protection of the kids and the locals of the town. As you know they don't hesitate to get involved in your business.

Use this 12 months to get a job, go to community college(take a heavy course load since you "chilled" for your last semester), and show your family that you're not trying to piss away your education.

12. LOL bro, you cant just "enroll at west point". They dont hand out acceptance letters to a bunch of lost nobodies.

13. #13 Misc, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    meh kids like you make me sad

when you have the opportunity don't fucking waste it

14. I would say you should not drink anymore...blackouts mean you have a problem with drinking way to much at one time, a lack of control, and will only get worse if you continue to drink.:confused:

Remember alcohol is a dangerous drug, it can kill you just by consuming it.:(

Now that you've had a kick to the ass and seem to be concerned about your future, set some goals, stay away from drinking (enjoy some herb instead) and focus on that education.:wave:

p.s.; the military is not a place to be if you want to have your own life without big-brother telling you how to live every second.:eek:

15. dont even worry about the drinking, i'm done with it for good. even if i do drink it will be in moderation.

west point would be my goal after enlisting and completing a few tours to iraq.

i just want some advice from anybody who went into the service and either thought it was worth it or dreaded every second, give me your reasons because i know it depends on the person.