Welcome to Tom's Closet - NorthernBerry and PowerSkunk 400w Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TomGreenThumb, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Hey all. This is my second grow journal here at GC. For this run I am going soil. I will try to stay with organics as much as I can.

I am using:

4x4x7 HomeBrew Closet
    400W HPS CoolTube
    Mylar Coated Walls (Added for this grow. Had foil backed insulation before)
    6" Inline Vortex Fan (Controlled by 120v Variac for speed control)
    6" Odorsok (Installed in the closet, inline before the cooltube)
    6" HomeBrew Carbon Scrubber (Installed on the exhaust side of my exhaust duct)

I'm Growing:

4 x NorthernBerry
    1 X PowerSkunk

Today they are 3 weeks old from seed.

For my exhaust and environment quality, I have my 6" vortex fan in the closet, which has the cooltube and the odorsok inline. So the smelly air from the room is pulled through the odorsok, then through the cooltube (keeping that cool to the touch, I can drop it right on top of the plants) and then through the fan where its dumped through another 6" carbon scrubber that I made following a tutorial here at GC. Keeps the closet at a constant 77-78 degrees F all day and night. No more thermostatic controls! Love it!

Heres my closet as it started from scratch:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/298624-my-new-grow-chamber.html

And my last grow in it:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...0w-hps-4x4x7-whitewidow-haze-wonderwoman.html

And here are the new hoes: (Well I hope, only the Power Skunk is feminized)

Attached Files:

2. Sorry forgot my grow materials lol. I blame the White Widow :D

I am using Fox Farms OF and the Fox Farms line of organic nutes.

In flowering, I will more then likely use the ChaChing and Beasties as well. They might not be organic, but they do fatten up the buddage :)

3. Cant go wrong there Tom...
    Foxfarm rocks bro.....
    Ill be tagging along

4. Glad you got back into town alright Tom. And double glad those auto-waterers worked alright for you. I hope that your "boy problems" were highly exaggerated, and btw your setup looks great. Hope to see some new pics and an update pretty soon. Keep up the good work and stay green.^^

5. Thanks for stopping by! Ended up having 3 damn males, so i'm down to 2 Northernberries and a gimpy little Alaskan Ice lol.

I cant seem to attach images, so I cant post any. I've tried a couple times today. I'll try again tomorrow.

I am going to get started soon on the next grow. I'll start them in another room under CFLs until these finish out. I have my seeds for the next round already and here is what I currently have. All are GreenHouse Seed Co.

Arjans Strawberry Haze
    White Widow
    El Nino
    Himalayan Gold
    Church
    Cheese
    Big Bang
    Lemon Skunk
    Great White Shark
    Hawaiian Snow

I need to pick 5 for the next round and I am excited for this one.

6. Looking really good Tom ... Love the new journal ...

Keep up the good work .... Can't wait to see those beauty's buddin for ya ...

Best Regards EazyGreen ....:D

PS:Check out my current journal when ya get a second ....Got some nice stuff going on rite now ...:hello:

7. Man decisions, decisions.... Are any of those femm'd? I ended up with 4/8 girls for my first run, and decided right then that I was never going to purchase another non-femm'd seed as long as I grew.

Heh when I first saw the list I thought you were gonna be upgrading your lighting too. (Before I saw you were picking 5 from it.) I am sorry I have no good advice for you on the strain selection, except maybe choose all similar strains (such as height, nute requirements, and finish time) too keep the thinking to a minimum.

In the mean time, keep em growin green.^^

8. I'm definitely subscribed

9. Sorry its been so long since an update. I tried a couple times over the last couple weeks to post but I cany attach images for some reason
    Aaaaanyway, things are going well. Got rid of the males a while back and I have been on cruise control with 2 NorthernBerries and one Alaskan Ice that I figured was going to not bud at all, but it seems to be thriving now and I am looking forward to trying it very much. These NB's are doing MUCH MUCH better then the first one I grew hydroponically. Its looking like they will have some nice FAT buds. Can't wait.

I also have 4 new sprouts going for the next run:
    Arjans Strawberry Haze
    Great White Shark
    Lemon Skunk
    Hawaiian Snow

Sorry for not being able to post pictures, but i'm not uploading to photobucket or any of those sites. I trust the City, not those free image hosts.

10. Tom what is up:wave: Long time no talk..I remember your first grow Im definately stayin tuned for this one. I was going to get Northernberry and Skunkberry from Peekseeds, but I went with attitude seeds instead. Good luck on your grow brotha:) +rep

11. #11 TomGreenThumb, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
    Thanks alot man, and thanks for hangin! You chose well on skipping over Peak for Attitude. I've gotten much better results all around with Attitude. I hear hot and cold about Peak. I only ordered once from Peak, but Attitude has come through 3-4 times now for me.

So I stopped in to post some pics of the ladies, and some babies. The two larger plants are the NB, which is going so much better then the first run I did with the NB. I flipped them to 12/12 on July 4th, so here we are only three weeks since then. They started to show buds around the 10th-12th.

The second to last image is my Alaskan Ice which I figured would have been dead. Looks like I might actually get some smokable shiznat out of it after all, which I am happy about as I really wanted to try the AI.

The last pic is what i've got brewing for the next run. All fem, Arjans Strawberry Haze, Hawaaian Snow, Lemon Skunk, and Great White Shark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Just poppin in to say everything is going very well. The buds are swelling up daily it seems. I opened the door tonight and the NB in the front right was leaning over almost on a 45 degree angle. First time i've had to stake one of girls up! Even the Alaskan Ice looks like its going to produce some nice smokable buds. I can't believe it! The thing had just a couple sets of leaves when I sent it into 12/12 and I figured I just had a dud seed and now it's doing great. I can't believe it.
    I've been using the full FF line of supplements, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and will be using Cha-Ching in a week or so to finish off. I didnt use the Open Sesame on my first run which I think hurt my budsize, because the buds on this one are growing twice as fast as the last run, and are already looking like the will finish twice as big. :hello:

13. It would only allow me to upload 2 pics....

Attached Files:

14. Hey now! Just stoppin in, sorry I havent posted. All went well with these three ladies. Chopped em 2-3 weeks ago and they're in jars. The Alaskan Ice is some of the best herb i've smoked. The taste, the high, i'm in love. I harvested as soon as I saw some ambers, probably like 1-2 in every ten so 10-20 percent amber. It is a more head high, but the shit makes me lazy no doubt. I sometimes smoke at work, and one would never know when I was high or not, but I don't smoke this stuff at work lol.

The Northernberry again i'm not that impressed with. The shit doesnt cure right. I've tried drying till crispy, drying till almost crispy, both resulting in the hay smell. The wet stuff started to mold which I caught early but i'm still just gonna make some hash out of it cause I dont trust it. The buds look nice and dank and smelled like blueberry wet. But i'm smoking it (the one that didnt get mold) and it gets me high, though nothing to write home about. I'd give it a 6-6.5 out of 10 on the high. The Alaskan is up there between 9.5 and 10 for me. Like I said, its some of the best i've had, but I cant say i've been exposed in the last 18 years i've been smoking to a fraction of whats out there.

THE GOOD NEWS is that I have four more that I flipped into 12/12 a week or so ago.

GreenHouse Seeds
    ---------------------------
    Arjans Strawberry Haze
    Hawaiin Snow
    Lemon Skunk
    Himalaya Gold

All looking very healthy between 24"-38" tall. I'll post some pics next time I get a chance. Last time it wouldnt let me upload any and I dont want to upload them anywhere else.
    I'm so glad I started growing again. Its saved me so much money, and I enjoy it SO much, its become quite the nice little personal hobby. I also don;t have to travel over to the shit side of the city to picup now as well. Victimless crime, that unfortunatly I have to worry about every day, which is the shitty part of it all, but I could ramble on that all night. Stay thirsty friends lol.

15. looks wonderfull. hopeully mine can turn out awesome as well. :yummy:

16. Some of the latest. I've tried the Strawberry Haze, which is great. I've tried the Gold, which is great. But the Lemon Haze looks out of this world. Its only 4 days into drying so I haven't tried it yet, but it's gorgeous. The Hawaiian Snow looks killer also, waiting on the to dry as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Looks DANK!! Good job.

18. Still alive n growin'

Been doing alot of Hawaiian Snow growin

Two about to be chopped. Got some more along with some Church and Bubba Kush germed and sprouted. Also had some twins! (Two plants one seed)

[​IMG]

Hawaiian Snow

[​IMG]

My first attempt at topping. Success. Two headed biotch. (HS)

[​IMG]

Two sprouts from one seed (100% positive only one seed used)