Welcome to Fascist America!

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Found this..

2. To be honest Amnesty Int isn’t the most loving organization toward America. They have agenda to push this forward and they do so. Terrorists may have some form of interrogation but tell me that Al Qaeda doesn’t cut the heads off our soldiers and drag their bodies through the streets. I would say a large majority of people in the US would tell you if it took torture to keep America safe then do it.

There is just no common sense when it comes to certain issues. Left wing individuals fall into this category...don’t buy everything you see on TV look for what you don’t see. :D

3. very interesting read

4. Yeah, right... Now I'm waiting for threads that present solutions instead of ones that are constantly emphasizing and highlighting what most already know to be true. American fascism, okay, now what? What are we supposed to do about that exactly, and how does this effect most people's bottom line on the site, Marijuana? Not much hope of legalized/decrimilized bud in a fascist country.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

5. im not a conspiracy believer or anything, but i seriously dont like the way the uk and usa are heading. they are creating loopholes to take away the rights of people without a trial on the grounds of terrorism.. this is fucked.. id say we are turning facist

6. The beginning looks like the formings of a lovely satire. I will read this when my cleaning is done.

The flacholence of my dog is forming a medium size translucent bubble in the corner of my basement.. I am afraid to go near it.

7. Lets hear what you got.

8. Yeah, I kinda figured it would be my responsibility to brainstorm for ideas. With all of the intelligent people that surf this site, this is what it comes down to, me. Not because I said I have the answers but because I'm trying to suggest there's something more than a negative viewpoint, weird. Wherever people live there are always things that they can do to make the world a better place, like anything from visiting a lonely neighbor to actually showing up to vote in a state or local election. The people that complain the most about their voices not being heard are the ones that aren't even speaking.

Links:

1. http://www.soros.org/initiatives/washington/articles_publications/publications/leadership_20050401

2. http://www.soros.org/initiatives/washington/articles_publications/publications/leadership_20050401/a_complete.pdf

Feel free to check the links and read them, or you can wait for something more depressing or titillating to peruse. A revolution doesn't begin with a bunch of unhappy people--a general discontent is a component but not the spirit--rather it takes hold in a place where people refuse to accept the status quo and believe something better is possible. The future is in our hands, either we can try to express what little power we each have to make a difference or we can complain about how bad things are and leave it to the next generation to suffer.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment."

~Robert M. Hutchins~

Stay green.<O:p</O:p

9. forgive me, but that smelt malicious.

10. C'mon bro, I realize you don't know me personally but do you think I'd write that just to be mean and malicious? I take these issues and potential solutions very seriously. You read my posts from time to time; do you think I'm the malicious type?

Peace.<O:p</O:p

11. "when fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the american flag, and carrying a cross"

-Sinclair Lewis

I have that on my car!

12. Errr... cough cough... awkward...

13. America is doomed because the average Joe will NOT get up in arms about anything our government does to Bob, unless they know each other. We are so self-centered (I too am guilty) that we can say it won't happen to me and they probably deserved it anyway. The average Joe will also believe EVERYTHING they are told so long as enough "experts" are involved. Or that a congressman who's a pedophile is outed. America doesn't care. Just change the channel, sip on that beer, and let someone else deal with it.

14. Felt harsh to me.

15. I think like, us, on the site, are making a difference, simply by talking about so many issues on gc. Like it's pretty cool, when u have such a big community like this, and we can have conversations about political issues and social issues, and global issues. Without name calling, sometimes ;)...idk. It's pretty chill if u think about it.

16. I don't believe in experts. Most experts aren't too much different than u or I. I try not to pay attention to what the experts say, but y they say what they say...

17. Word.

18. If the US was as extremely fascist as you say they wouldnt let sites like this exsist in any form.

19. Sites that originate from the Netherlands? Is overgrow enough like this? How about all the other sites like this that got shut down? And Toker you're not average Joe. Average Joe most likely doesn't frequent these kinds of sites.

20. Have you heard of internet privatization? They're trying to do just that.

Or at least, a two-tier internet where they can ban, tax, censor and spy all they want.