Welcome to #23, Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Storm Crow, May 30, 2023.

1. Minnesota just became the 23rd state with legal recreational cannabis! :yay: WELCOME TO A NEW WORLD OF FREEDOM! :passtheshit:

Walz signs historic bill legalizing marijuana in Minnesota
    Walz signs historic bill legalizing marijuana in Minnesota

Minnesota became the 23rd state in the country to legalize recreational marijuana for adults after Gov. Tim Walz signed the measure into law on Tuesday.

Starting Aug. 1, marijuana use and possession will be decriminalized and home-growing of cannabis plants will become legal for people 21 and older. The state will also begin expunging marijuana convictions from Minnesotans' records in August. But the start of retail sales is likely at least a year away.

The bill signing marked a watershed moment for Minnesota, which legalized medical cannabis about a decade ago but had seen efforts to allow recreational marijuana repeatedly stall at the state Capitol.

"This has been a long journey," Walz said. "I assure Minnesotans that a lot of thought has gone into this. A lot of the things we've learned in other states are incorporated into how we do this." (snipped)

So 3 states to go before more than half of the US has legal cannabis! We currently stand at 46% of the states with legal recreational use. I wonder when the embarrassment level of our (lying) government will get high enough that cannabis will FINALLY be removed from Schedule 1 and federally legalized? 50%? 54%?

Folks, we have to remind all of our politicians that the concept of legal cannabis is FAR more popular than they are! And if they want our votes, they know what they have to do! JUST LEGALIZE IT!

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I’m glad they finally got it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Congratulations to our neighbors to the west. With it legal all around us, will this finally convince Wisconsin to legalize? Doubtful. The Wisconsin Tavern League would much rather have people drink poison and drive then responsibly partake in their own homes.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I have the solution! We just have to introduce the people of Wisconsin to the right strain. It should be obvious.

Legalize the Cheese!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. If I was a grower I would create a strain and call it cheesehead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Several of my children and Granddarlings are quite pleased with the passage of the new law… Plans are already in the works for frequent “safety meetings” around the fire pit at Papaw’s house… It’s not like they all haven’t been indulging on a regular basis, but now there’ll be a certain freedom about the act; no longer threatened by the law, but rather now protected by it… I smoked in the ‘60’s and early ‘70’s, then the drug wars made it too risky for a married man with children, especially in the South… Now living in Minnesota and seeing cannabis become legal, is quite pleasing… 3 generations, all legally doing what should have never been illegal,,, I’m pleased enough I reckon…

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Had many of the clan here around a fire Sunday evening,,, a safety meeting was called to order, and a jar passed around… An entirely fun thing to do… Some of my children, several of the Granddarlings, and at least one sister-in-law… My pass around jar now needs refreshing,,, but I have the wherewithal for the refilling,,, and clan members inquiring about the next safety meeting…

IMG_3644.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That setup is nice. Is that a Zippo Lig͏h͏t͏er?

9. Thanks… It is a lighter, but it’s simply labeled on one side “brass no 5”,,, and in quite small letters along the bottom edge “Smoke Stone”… It was made perhaps 40+ years ago, in Japan… The rectangular case is of the same time period and by the same company, and labeled “brass no 9”,,, pre rolled joints and filled cones fit quite nicely in it… Some of these are marked “Chas T Kennedy, Japan”… Later versions were made in Korea, and carried the names of cigarette brands; I have seen “Marlboro” and “Camel” versions, and they are marked “brass no 6”…

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. of course 99% of people with 2 pounds are selling it.

in California an ounce or 6 plants,so 8 plants yield so much more in Minnesota?
    some people would think about moving to Minnesota.:weed:

(i don't grow or smoke)

• Like Like x 2
  11. That's not the suggestion or point he's making

• Like Like x 2
  12. you posted the link.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I live in Minnesota, and in talking to friends and family, the general consensus is that some will grow it, and legally gift it to those who don’t grow it… Those who don’t grow it will assist with the monetary costs of growing, space to grow it, and the labor of tending/harvesting…

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glad to hear Minnesota has moved into the 21st century.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Any day 1 reports from the ground? It must be a happy day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Best I can offer from here…

IMG_8399.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. Saw a car with Minnesota plates at the dispensary here in Michigan today. My buddy started talking to the lady who owned it while I was in buying my stuff.
    The lady: "I can't believe how nice everybody is around here!"

My buddy: "It's because everyone is high!" :lmafoe:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. As liberal as MN is I would have thought they would be one of the first states to pass the law.

• Like Like x 1