Welcome blades! Let's get this party started

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by InferiorWang, Sep 3, 2003.

1. I think it would be a great way to start this new forum if we put up some links to sites the tell the truth and support our cause. Everyone pool together what you have so we can create a great resource for anyone willing to do what they can. I'll start with a couple just about everyone already knows.

www.norml.com
    www.erowid.org

The other day, Digit posted a great resource for info on the medicinal proprties of marijuana.
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/researchsearch.php?category=Medical

If you just go to www.ukcia.org they have many other things you can check out, too.

The Hemp Historian is a neat little site to go read up on a little history
    http://www.angelfire.com/va3/hemphistorian/

Alright, I hope that will at least get you folks started. Let's get some links up!

2. dont ya just love new sections:D

i really cant think of any links just from the sheer bliss of a few new sections:p

3. I know what you mean. I'm kinda giddy about it.

4. Good move IW! Let's spead the word to the streets. We will find freedom for mj through education of the people!

PEACE

5. firstly... i must say a big... WOOOOHOOOO! to the existance of this section now.

so....

woooohoooo!

:D

secondly....

oi I.wang, u stealin my links. ;p jk.

here's the one that really helped me get started down the path of legalisation. http://www.cannabis.com/faqs/ theres some great facts in there. this faq alone should be enough to convince people of the importance of cannabis for society, industry, medicine & healthcare, food production, environment, fuel production, etc etc etc etc etc....
    but no. logic and common sence is not enough in the face of great adversity from oil & pharmacuetical giants. the two main perpetrators of this war against the people of earth (and not to mention against the worlds LEAST harmful and MOST helpful little plant).

There are many organisations less unified or reccognised as Norml that are also doing their part in legalisation. www.canna-lympics.tk is the site of the ICM (international canna-lympic movement) which was set up by GanjaCat (the man who tried a human rights defence, but then showed how even when the law is on your side, you're still gonna be buttfucked in a show trial). ICM are making progress towards a great event in 2004 to help raise awareness of tokers. to show the world that we are not to be demonised reefermadness style, but infact, we are generally far nicer people than most of the non-tokers out there. as the site proudly states: "This organisation has been set up by the efforts of private individuals totally unconnected with commercial interests within the 'cannabis industry', for and on behalf of 'ordinary' tokers worldwide".

another organisation doing alot, is www.thc4ms.org
    this is the organisation set up to help those who are in the most pain from MS. and to think... these people are criminals. :rolleyes: and incase you havnt already... you can still sign the pettition @ http://www.lca-uk.org/petition/index.php

which reminds me... a BIG part of the legalisation process that we are all trying to push along is the political aspect of it.
    here's the party that has done more for cannabis issues than any other.... http://www.lca-uk.org/ the legalise cannabis alliance.
    and of course you need to write to all your local constituents or the party in power themselves.
    The politicians (despite having their hands tied with all that money from the capitalists) have the power to make the change, so these are the people you should be telling to make the change. let them know that public opinion is definately in favour of cannabis.
    here's a few sites i struggled to find for the people in the UK:
    http://www.labour.co.uk or http://www.labour.org.uk/
    www.independenceuk.org.uk
    www.conservatives.com
    www.scotlibdems.org.uk
    www.oneparty.co.uk
    www.ukip.org.uk

or check here for more.
    www.cumbria.gov.uk
    www.scotland.gov.uk

sorry if some of those are wrong or useless... they were posted in haste.
    also sorry i couldnt post links to canadian, american, austrailian other european nations etcetc... it took long enough just doing it for the country in which i reside.

www.ccnews.com the cannabis news paper. a great resource for those of you who simply havnt got 25 hours every day to read all the news on www.cannabisnews.com
    www.ccguide.com

now i'm not sure i should post this one... lol.... but.... www.overgrow.com ;D heehee. thousands of users, lots of help in the form of FAQs and guides as well as the advice from others on all things from medical to growing to activism. ... hmm.... wait a minute.... its alot like this place. lol. less nice friendly atmosphere tho. and the shope is better here too. ;)

here's the website of the BEST cannabis magazine available. http://www.theredeyeexpress.co.uk/ (sorry if that seems a little less activism orientated, but its still very important. greeeeat stories in there too)

thaaats all i got for now.

i'll be back.

(ps, i think this should be made sticky as the first post in here.... and since its turning out to be a links fest.)

6. {oh well at least I'll have some nice readin' to do}

{g7n_parnoia_mode=1}
    now that forum could get us in trouble.
    As long as we do our little thing in our corner of the web, and just help each other out, that's ok for /them/.
    But If we start doing intelligent things like *Spreading the TRUTH* ...
    {g7n_paranoia_mode=0}

Djee, in France we are lucky to have politics that support the legalization.
    but not enough yet..

The good thing is that the anti-activist cannot spread lies: the truth about majiuana so-called ill effects is already out.

impressive collections of links, I only knew norml before. lots of stuff to read..

Great section superjoints, and all moderators!!

{tips his hat}

respect.

7. digit... i just woke up... and im sick as a mutha fucka... well not really, just sick... i cant go through all of those!?! mabey later...

8. You guys wouldn't believe how much I had to pay SJ to get this forum!!!! :D

Thanks for getting it started, Wang. Once I'm done helping with the changes, I'll start moving threads from the News forum that belong in here and I'll get some sticky's made. I'm going to keep a calendar and on certain days of the month, I'll remind everyone to take action on that very day and give them the tools necessary to do so; hopefully, our "slams" will shake some things up.

There is so much that we can do to change things and this forum is a great start. Thanks so much, SJ! You don't know how happy this made me. :)

9. grasscity slams home the truth.

i like the sound of that.

(so, rumjil... do we have to pay YOU for getin sj to have this here?)

10. My pleasure. And you know if you ever need payment, I'm not far from you ;) I'm just so happy to see the city moving in helping members to move in a more proactive direction so that our views aren't ignored forever.

11. I can understand SJ reaction when asked to create this forum.

But It has to take decisions like this to get the truth out.
    SJ (and all mods) your are now Knights of Truth. This gives you responsabilities, but also power.

Truth.

"at U command, sire .
    Anything I can do to uphold the Truth, to inform those that take decisions, anything that leads this society towards recognizing Ganja as what it is".

12. can i be known as Fryar Digit in this tale of the Knights of the truth table?

i may not go out to war alot, but my time is best spent in the castle, studying the books, looking for chinks in the armour of our enemies. ;)

13. Dig, you can be a leader of the grass roots revolution!

14. wouldnt that mean i'd need to have some leadership qualities?

i can preach..... thats about it.... .... so i'll stick to being the friar. lol.

or maybe brave brave sir robbin.

15. Anyone have some thoughts on how we can use this great assembled knowledge to spread the word beyond the walls of the city?

Anyone?

Digit?

16. I am going to make a thread for all to put their links to activism..

This way we will have one thread with all the links and all the stoners out there in the city can read and sign or join the activism!!!!!!

17. great new forum, I'll be looking in here a lot

[​IMG]

We're Knights of the Round Table.
    We dance whene'er we're able.
    We do routines and chorus scenes
    With footwork impeccable.
    We dine well here in Camelot.
    We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
    We're Knights of the Round Table.
    Our shows are formidable,
    But many times we're given rhymes
    That are quite unsingable.
    We're opera mad in Camelot.
    We sing from the diaphragm a lot.
    In war we're tough and able,
    Quite indefatigable.
    Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable.
    It's a busy life in Camelot...
    I have to push the pram a lot