weird shit you were scared of as a kid

Discussion in 'General' started by Exodus2011, Nov 3, 2011.

1. When I was a little kid there was this creepy as fuck clown doll thing that we got from our grandparents. Just the way it stared at you with this creepy smile. I had fucked up nightmares that it killed my family with a knife and shit. It was in our basement and neither me or my brother could be down there alone with it. We always told our parents it was evil and that we should get rid of it.

Anyways, it was attached to a piece of metal to keep it standing up. One day my mom was cleaning around it, she was just staring at it, and it tipped over by itself supposedly. It scared her pretty bad lol, heard her scream from upstairs. She threw it out right then and there lol.

And shortly after I'd have dreams of the clown returning to kill my family. Shit was fucked.

The one dream I remember perfectly is me waking up and looking out at my door way where the clown was just staring at me with that creepy smile and a bloody knife in it's hand.

2. damn that's pretty fucked up dude.

3. Statue of Liberty.....still scared of it. Never seen it in person and I hope I never do.

:hide:

4. [quote name='"Simmerten"']When I was a little kid there was this creepy as fuck clown doll thing that we got from our grandparents. Just the way it stared at you with this creepy smile. I had fucked up nightmares that it killed my family with a knife and shit. It was in our basement and neither me or my brother could be down there alone with it. We always told our parents it was evil and that we should get rid of it.

Anyways, it was attached to a piece of metal to keep it standing up. One day my mom was cleaning around it, she was just staring at it, and it tipped over by itself supposedly. It scared her pretty bad lol, heard her scream from upstairs. She threw it out right then and there lol.

And shortly after I'd have dreams of the clown returning to kill my family. Shit was fucked.

The one dream I remember perfectly is me waking up and looking out at my door way where the clown was just staring at me with that creepy smile and a bloody knife in it's hand.[/quote]

Yup. No sleep for me now.

Just thinking about that gave me goosebumps.

5. [quote name='"inkielee"']Statue of Liberty.....still scared of it. Never seen it in person and I hope I never do.

:hide:[/quote]

Why??

Courage the cowardly dog scared me :p show gave me nightmares...
    I was afraid of the dark like hell. Would stretch my arm into a room to flip the switch b4 i went in. I still have a bit of fear of the dark :p

6. That's weird - As a kid I had a dream I saw the Statue of Liberty and it's face was from the Exorcist. Images of the statue made me uncomfortable for many years.

7. Train horn sound.....I have no idea why. I'm not afraid of it anymore. But I would panic when I heard it when I was little and they would have to blast music or cover my ears. I don't understand it :confused:

8. [quote name='"Royksopp"']Train horn sound.....I have no idea why. I'm not afraid of it anymore. But I would panic when I heard it when I was little and they would have to blast music or cover my ears. I don't understand it :confused:[/quote]

Maybe u saw something on tv or heard about some one getting hit by a train?? I know i usex to never go near train train tracks if i could help it, or get off em suoer quick if we were walkin past em

9. So...you don't like trains?

10. Nope. I wasn't afraid of the train itself, I was afraid of the horn.

Read the post again, I'm not scared anymore. It subsided as I got older. I still wish I knew why it scared me in the first place. I'd panic and cry :confused_2:

And inkie why the hell are you afraid of the statue of liberty....that may be a little weirder than my thing lol.

11. I was petrified of weed... Thought it was a crazy drug and id never do it. And only saw the "dirty" kids at school smoking. I remember thinking, why would anyone ever do that? Then i hit reality and was like fuck eveyone smokes, maybe il try it...

12. When I was a kid, I had absolutely no problem with things that were intentionally scary. Goosebumps? Loved it. Are You Afraid of the Dark? Watched it every day after school. The ending of Fantasia? I thought it was freakin' awesome. But I got scared of really stupid things.

I was scared of the climax of Toy Story because when Slinky gets stretched out, he yells "I can't hold on much longer!" but his voice was slowed down. For some reason that scared the shit out of me. I'm not sure why.

I was scared of mirrors. One day, a kid told me that if the lights were off, I may see "bloody mary" in the mirror. And then she'll come out of the mirror and try to kill me or something. I don't know, I was a dumb gullible kid. So for a long time, whenever I went to the bathroom, I would reach my hand in and turn the light on before walking in.

I had a magic 8 ball, but instead of having to read its answers off a cube thing inside of it, it talked. Anytime you shook it, it would play a recording of a voice saying stuff like "Ask again later" or "I'll tear off your flesh and eat it while you sleep." I think it had something like 60 possible responses. One day while hanging out with a friend, the 8 ball said, "Anything is possible." My friend swore she'd never heard it say that answer, ever. And neither had I. Our conclusion? THE 8 BALL IS HAUNTED! Yeah, I really don't know.

Kids are stupid.

13. [quote name='"Jokapo"']

Why??

[/quote]

Had a dream that there was a crazy storm outside and I looked out the window to see lightning striking the head of statue of Liberty. Her face lit up all scary and yeah :eek:
    Plus it's just so creepy looking.

[quote name='"apogee"']
    That's weird - As a kid I had a dream I saw the Statue of Liberty and it's face was from the Exorcist. Images of the statue made me uncomfortable for many years.[/quote]

Oh fuck, that's traumatize me!

14. That is an interesting fear. Don't ever watch Ghostbusters 2, they have a scene that would probably freak you out. It's a happy scene, but even those can seem scary when you're afraid of the subject.

My odd fear was of a dresser that my parents had. Whenever I was in the same room with it I felt like it was 'watching' me, and I had a dream that hands came out of it and grabbed me.

Many years later I learned that it was actually a dresser that belonged that belonged to the woman who owned the house before us, and died just before we bought the house. Creepy, eh? :bolt:

Now I own it and it doesn't really bother me anymore. I think it has mellowed with old age. :D

15. The toilet monster, and balloons, well the ones that float. Oh and mirrors. No joke.

16. I used to get so scared when I had to flush the toilet when I was a youngin, thinking something was gonna come out of it and get me xD
    I would seriously take a deep breath, countdown from 5, hit that flusher and be outta there! haha

17. In the interest of keeping the story short I omitted that it was raining out. I could barely make the torch out with water in my eyes. Then the lightning lit it up... wow for once I'm considering cutting down on weed.

18. [quote name='"MrTokester98"']

I used to get so scared when I had to flush the toilet when I was a youngin, thinking something was gonna come out of it and get me xD
    I would seriously take a deep breath, countdown from 5, hit that flusher and be outta there! haha[/quote]

Hahaha I'd do the same thing. And I got quite a few weird looks as I running out of the bathroom as quick as I could!

19. [quote name='"Exodus2011"']So i kno a lot of kids are scared of weird stuff as a kid.

personally, i hated chucky e cheese and the bear motherfucker in the video below

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4i5W4iyQBU

i absolutely HATED that fucking bear.

he scared the living shit outta me haha[/quote]

The chuck e cheese guy scared the fuck out of me too. Id always clasp onto my mom when he was out ina bout in the arcade >:l

20. Old People and the Dark.

I still hate Old People. I dont like to be around them. Talk to them. Or touch them. Period.

and the Dark.. I had a abnormal fear of the dark.. like CRAZY fear.. not so much of the dark.. but what could be IN the dark. Ya know?

I swear to god i was scared of the grudge for 2 months when it first came out. I never saw the movie.