Weird Science- a "Green tongue" study!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Apr 26, 2018.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    In my over 50 years of using cannabis, I have NEVER had my tongue turn green from cannabis - except for the one time I ate an overly-colored St Pat's Day bright green edible! :p Yet here is a study talking about that! :confused_2: Any of you have your tongue turn green after a joint or pipe?

Green tongue phenomenon, or diagnosis via Google
    [Green tongue phenomenon, or diagnosis via Google]. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    Regular cannabis use may be associated with several oral changes not usually identified by dermatologists: xerostomia, increased risk of caries, periodontitis, leukoedema, gingival hyperplasia, and higher prevalence and density of Candida albicans, leukoplakia or gingivitis.

PATIENTS AND METHODS:
    We report herein the appearance of a characteristic green tongue in a patient following intensive marijuana inhalation.

DISCUSSION:
    This complication has rarely been reported in the medical literature. Paradoxically, it is clearly described in different Internet search engines, particularly Google.

FYI- although the rest of this study is suspect <_<, the "Background " part is right. The way cannabis gives us "cotton mouth" is that is inhibits the production of saliva, and that leaves us open to more dental problems. So brush your teeth! :D

Granny :wave:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Using Oregano oil to brush with on your toothbrush / toothpaste / baking soda etc.... will help the mouth too and kill bacteria in the mouth. about 70 / 30 olive oil to oregano oil works great. it needs diluting and can burn otherwise

Edit- never had green tongue except when I drank the 2 liter grape soda as a kid ( green poo too LOL LOL)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lol no never. I brush.

4. I got pulled over in Oregon and the cop had me show him my tongue, said it was green and asked if I had been smoking. I told him hours ago before I even got on the road, of course. It was probably from a soda or slurpee or some shit.