Weird reaction to weed.

Discussion in 'General' started by Nit Grit, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Ever since i started smoking, (about 2 months ago) i've had what i call "panic attacks" every time i light up. My heart races, i get lightheaded and i feel like i cant breath. It seemsto last like 30 minutes, (but it could only be lasting 3). I dont know what to do. Is this normal?:confused:

2. mabey you shouldnt smoke weed. the whole point is to feel good not have panic attacks.

edit: i get paranoid sometimes but it doesnt bother me at all

3. After there gone i chill out and have a good time, only last while i'm really high.

4. Haha mate thats the paranoia and increased heart rate getting to you. It happens to everyone when they smoke a lot (unless they've got a stupid tolerance like me).

Relax and enjoy it, remind yourself that your paranoia is not real, only in your head.

5. Yea, thanks for the advice. Usually when it happens i just keep telling myself "NO-ONE has ever overdosed on weed!" lols.

6. Ha exactly.

Hopefully after this 2-week holiday I'm going on tomorrow, my tolerance will be low enough to have to tell myself that :)

7. It's your body reacting to a mind altering substance, just keep blazing and you will get used to the THC and they will stop happening it's your brains coping mechanism. Don't worry about it TRUST ME they will go away.

8. BINGO!! :hello::hello::hello:

9. I'm actually allergic to weed. I've smoked for years and i realized all my eye problems started when I first started smoking I can't break up bud then touch my skin or eyes cause ill break out and my skin will itch. It's not a big deal it just sucks to say I'm allergic to my best friend lol

10. You know it :cool: :D

11. what are your thoughts like during these attacks??? does smoking make you paranoid? it does for some people and used to for me. used to give me some social anxiety. i would get quiet and think to myself in social situations then be paranoid that i was being weird by not talking to anyone and then have these long looping thoughts about whether or not people thought i was weird, just couldn't enjoy myself. don't know if this is what's going on with you or if its a physical thing but,

if you just think "I'M GOING TO JUST LET WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPEN" and not try to control your situation, just experience it, i promise you will have a much better smoking experience. i actually just got off that boat not to long ago. something you just have to work through.

12. #12 Hardnutcheck, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    Before other members come ITT to voice their own thoughts and what they believe is "true"

Read this......

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprenti...e-dealing-anxiety-panic-attacks-paranoia.html

Also has to do with the quality of the weed and no, it's not shitty weed vs dank. The problem is within the balance of the chemicals, too much THC and not enough CBN will do this. The other chemcials besides THC are just as important but some growers don't care and only focus on the THC content.

13. I know what you mean, I was drunk and on some unmentionables then smoked and I had the worst panic attack of my life. What I try to do is tell myself that absolutely nothing will happen and take deep breaths. After a couple minutes of the breathing, my heart rate goes down and I feel fine.

14. dude, that shit will still happen to me if im a a group of more than 2 other people. even family and good friends

15. this.

Iv had a few panic attacks from smoking weed. I know how you feel man shit sucks, but it'll go away. If you ever feel like your getting a panic attack lay down with the lights off for a little and drink some water, thats what works for me

16. No...

Seasoned tokers will at times, still experience a panic attack.

17. no? please explain

18. I got those way more when I had no tolerance and I could take one or two hits and be floored. And just like you said, I would get them only right after hitting it and being really high and then it would subside.

But if you keep getting them I'd say quit.