Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weird pick up- Black haired bud?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Chief Tokem, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Whats up Seasoned tokers? I haven't posted here forever, way overdue. Anyway, I picked up some normal bud. Low end headies for me, I've never used the word beasters and still dont quite get it, but maybe this qualifies. The name was orange something or another. It smells a little orangey, kinda skunky too, but nothing too strong. Doesnt taste anything special either.
    still gets me high though:smoke:

orange something
    [​IMG]

I got a half o for 140, so i'm not dissapointed or anything. 10$ per g isnt to shabby in my book.

Now, for the weird part. About 45 minutes after I got the half, I was checkin it out a little more closely, lookin for something to take a picture of; when i stumbled across a nug very different looking than the rest.
    [​IMG]
    I'de think it was kinda weird looking if I just saw this picture, but the bud is absolutely insane! I picked it up and with a hard pinch put it up to my nose. The smell was overwhleming, something like sour D and straight skunk. I still didnt know how good it was gonna be, since it looked kinda like regs. The smell didnt stand out, but the high sure as hell did. I dont think one rip off the bong has ever gotten me that high (atleast in like the last 2 years or so). People who normally look at me and go " Hahah you've been smoking havent you" were asking me if I was ok. I didnt feel bad, just ripped.

Here's a picture of the back side, where ther's way more black hair action.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe its more of a brownish blackish color, but either way its dark as fuck.
    Another thing that was kinda weird, Is tha no matter how many different ways i tried to take a picture of this stuff it just wouldnt come out good. I'm not bad with a camera by any means, but i took over 100 pictures and these were some of the best.
    anywyay heres one more
    [​IMG]

But yeah, simpler put, I'de have to say this is in the top 10 buds of smoked in the last year, which should say a little.

sorry its kinda lengthy, I ramble sometimes:eek:

Peace

2. kinda looks like it got burnt by the lights while it was on the plant
    other than the weird color it looks dank haha
    i would smoke it for sure

3. Well now that you say it, that makes a whole lot of sense. In my own perfect little world, I'de like to think it was something else though, burnt bud doesnt sound that cool, haha.

I guess my newest theory is that It was closer to the light and left on the plant a little long, both which would make sense for the slightly burnt part, and that the trichromes did whatever you want to call it (age?) when they become more amber in color, resulting in the heavier body type high. After the Rip it felt like gravity x2.

4. Yeah looks like it was a tiny bit too close to the light.No worries though looks dank.

5. Looks like some Black Queen I saw.

6. if buds get to hot/close to the light they will charr. sometimes though, the black is a resign that the plant has produced to protect itself.

7. now thats a dope way to think of it. i hope thats true with your bud you got. if not just tell people it is,.:smoke:

8. Theres actually a strain called Black widow that has black hairs i've smoked it before its really nice i don't know if it is the same but it looks similar.

9. looks like the hairs got burt imo, but non the less Toke it up.

10. Is it a sativa high? It could be one of the awesome strains from Africa maybe, Black Congalese possibly. There are a few others and you never know it could be a cross of one and the black came out nice in that nugget. Either way that nugget looks delicious man.

11. my friend smoked some weed in england that he said had black hairs, he said it was the best stuff he'd ever smoked.

12. If there were any black hairs in the interior of the nug then maybe its genetics. But its probably just burned.

13. Yeah my first guess was that it got a little toasted by the lights.

14. That's prolly why it was so cheap, half of the THC is already vaped by the lights :cool:

15. At least they don't look like pubes, cheers.

16. weed with black hairs. That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. Thank you for spreading the rumor.

Not you OP. Im talkin about the black widow smoker and the english friend.

17. looks moldy to me...

18. Nooooooooooooooob. Black widow doesn't genetically have black hairs. Your dealer just saw that some black fucked up shit on your nug and decided to give it a snazzy name to make you more apt to buy it.

OP, its most likely a fertilizer burn during that probably happened during the late flowering period. It'll be harsher smoke when you hit it but you're not going to die from smoking it, so smoke it down mang :bongin:

19. You do realize this thread is over 2 years old, right?

20. Agent Orange has a black phenotype, I've seen my guy pick nugs out from the p that were completely black, looked like coffee grounds, swear to god