weird issue

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by winks00, Aug 11, 2020.

1. This is probably my 10th cycle so I am not exactly new, but also not a veteran.. The issue I have now is just something totally different that I can't find in books and can't seem to find a cause for...Basically I started a 4 assed monkey auto then a few weeks later, a batch of seeds came in and I started a GG4 plant (this is why the sizes are different). Everything was fine until I switched to the bubbleponic buckets.. Both plants started to get the same weird issue.. I checked nutrients and Ph and everything is fine.. I use a Lucas method with GH Flora trio.. Room temp is 73 to 79 degrees.. LED lights are about 12 to 18 inches above each plant... Roots are bright white and appear to be growing well... let me know if any other information is needed... Below is pics..

Attached Files:

2. Does it have a funny smell to it at all? Could be root issues such as overwatering and/or lack of oxygen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PH and PPM's?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roots look excellent, bright white, no smell..

Ph has been running between 6.3 and 6.6.. I add Ph down when it is above 6.5...

PPMs have been kept at about 500 since I moved to the bubbleponic bucket..

5. Your PH is the problem, it's to high.
    Target is 5.8, see attached chart for hydro details
    Ph chart.jpg

6. Adjust PH, and keep PPM's the same. Change the water at least every 7 days, and run florakleen if you can a couple hours before the change. That will stop the buildup of saltz that the plant has not needed to use.