Weird Angled Blank Closet; Help me turn into Plant Heaven!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by typicalsmoker89, Aug 12, 2011.

1. :D hahahaa... well, one doesn't even chief unless he drinks and the other two I haven't met yet are asians... and the last asian I lived stayed in his room at all times and only came out for bathroom and to cook in the kitchen.

2. My room can be locked, and i'm the very first room when you come up the stairs so not a lot of privacy unless the door is shut.

3. scrog is the way ta go..perfect for cfl..controls the plants..maxes yeild for available grow area...easier to keep even canopy cooler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;):wave:

4. Where you get that from!? Lolz

5. home depot:rolleyes:

6. put a tent in there. that will contain light and then you can leave the door cracked just so long as you have venting in n out of the tent...

7. #27 ImKushed, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    That might be the best idea above me ^ and some tents can be made by yourself or bought. An awesome one I saw on here was about 6 ft tall and even had a little 1.5 foot tall veg/mom/clone room tent connected onto the top of it. Veg and flower room in a tent thats all connected and sold as one unit with flanges and whatnot on it sounds good to me.

Edit: Plus you don't have drill out any circle holes in walls or the door, and if anything were to go wrong you can chop the plant and fold the tent up and everything else quickly. You would have to keep the closet door open all the time or cracked but you should be able to maintain heat easily with CFLs. Tents are lightproof and airtight as well, so no stinky air leaks or light leaks. Keep us updated.

-Kushed

8. what's it called so I can search it on their website lol

What are your suggestions for tents, where to look etc and what's the best value for them? I have looked at them before and found nothing under a hundo.

Yeah, that is very true. I'll start looking again for them right now and I'll definitely keep you on the up and up.

9. its called a scrog screen..you buy the pvc and speaker wire for the squares..and build it yourself...about 20 bucks total..it maxes out yeild for a small space and works well with cfl cause you dont need much light penetration:smoking:

10. I need to get on my handyman shit. I want everything to be pre-built and shit for me, which just isn't how this thing works.. Fuck..

11. theres not much to this hobby that works right out of the box, nor a "set it and forget it" type thing. might want to rethink your whole stance on it if thats how you're expecting it to play out. lotta work goes into it;):wave:

12. Understood and I've been second guessing myself a lot about the entire ordeal.. it's mostly the fact that I'm so young and don't have my own place which is the main dilemma.

13. not trying to discourage you man, just want to make sure you really do your homework. i lurked on this site and did as much research in my spare time as i could for 6 months before i cracked a bean, and i still felt like i was in over my head when i started.

theres a lot of other things to consider too. like with your roommates, you're saying that the probably wont know about it? where you aware that even if they dont know, if you get caught they could possibly be in just as much trouble if their names are on the lease? just stuff to think about man:wave:

14. Yeah, regardless of if they know or not, they will do close to the same amount as time served as you. Example: one of my good friends picked up his brother from the airport, they ran a stop sign, got pulled over, his brother had 3 oz of pot on him, and they both did 4 years flat. My good friend didn't even know he had the weed on him at all.

You just need to weigh out the good and the bad. If the bad out weighs the good it's probably not the best time to start a grow operation.

15. Yes I know this. But who plans on getting busted?

I'll peep it bro, thanks, as always.

Yeah, that shit is F*ing crazy. I have been doing months of research and all of that stuff and being an active member in the city makes me entirely too anxious. I wish I could just get my invite to the ol' dogs network. But that's a far cry away from the fry cry of miracles.

16. Ur brother and his friends had shitty legal representation too if thwy got all thay time. I live in commonwealth and u wouldn't get and jail time if u got caught with that much. Your friend mustve had it all bagd up in ghetto nick bags lmao. "No officer, all these r for my personal stash" hahahahaha

17. Anyway... Back on topic :

My electricity is on and working.

Praying that me and this little guy:
    [​IMG]

and his identical sisters and brothers will help produce some primo crop in my weird angled closet. I'll be in home depot today, picking up the adapters and extension cords necessary to get power from one side of the room to the other.

I was so high last night when I was talking to my roommate, I'll have to make a better second impression today when I see him. Lol :smoke: right now though, it appears that people like to have their door shut in the house, so...that's all the privacy I'll need :D

18. I'm updating this thread with what I've done next.. I was advised to get a shower rod and a clamp light for my space, and not do anything with it - so that's what I did:

[​IMG]

And the result is magnificent. I'm pretty sure I could fit about three of those clamp lights across that pole...two minimum with the 10" clamp lights I'm going to need to fit the splitter in the clamp light, and two cfl's in each one.

The picture above only has one CFL in it, because the 8' reflecting piece isn't big enough for the bulbs to fit in the splitter and down into the reflector.

I rather just buy the 10" clamp that will fit the splitter and two CFL's in it (without needing to buy an extra socket to extend the socket out more, giving the CFL's enough room to breathe.

I do have a question though - what should I be looking for to hang CFL's freely in the space? I'm sure there is some type of extension cord that leads to a socket but I'm unsure what that's called and thus where to begin to look...