Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weird affects from smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nick1409, Jan 5, 2010.

1. I started smoking weed around june maybe a lil earlier, the first time i smoked i bearly got high, and then ive smoked a bunch more times getting a good high and having fun, but recently my friend rolled a blunt with a dime and my heart started beating fast and i couldnt breath, i then get some more weed a week later and my heart was beating fast but i could breathe and i was alright, then i smoked like bearly a nick and i burned it all in one hit and my heart starting beating fast and i couldnt breathe and then i got cold and started shaking.
    Any Help will be nice i just want to have a nice fun laughing high like i used to:(

2. um im not sure im 100 percent right on this but are you like power stroking whatever your token?

cuz when im smoking alone i sometimes catch my self powerstroking the bud more then breathing.

so yea like just take it slow, take a hit, wait like 2 mins then take another hit or something.

hope that helps :]:bongin:

3. thanks, will try it

4. Take a couple deep breaths before you take your hit, and only hold it in for a few seconds, id say 5 at most, and see how that works out for you.

5. 2 words. Panic attack.

6. Sounds like a panic attack to me. Does this happen when your with people, and by yourself?

Do you think of something that sets your heart off, paranoia, fear, etc? Hell even being afraid your heart is beating too fast can cause you to have a panic attack.

A panic attack is the result of someone being unable to handle what they are percieving to be happening around them and therefore their pulse heightens, adrenaline kicks in, and you start breathing harder. All those things cause you to have trouble realizing the difference between what you are panicing about, and what is actually happening.

Thats what ive heard anyways, ive never had one myself

7. #8 nick1409, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    not really, the first time this ever happened to me i was looking fowards to smoking and getting ripped, and i was at my friends house with no one home and i felt like the high affect like i felt my eyes get squinty and i sat down and my heart was beating fast as hell, ive smoked four times since then and had only one good high, and i always smoke with my friends

8. Trust me, it's a panic attack. Sometimes marijuana can bring on panic attacks even when your mind is in a happy place going into smoking. Smoking always raises your heart rate, but if you concentrate on it, and it scares you, then it's just going to get faster, you're going to get more scared, then you start to feel dizzy, feel like you can't breathe.. you get hot and sweaty, which sometimes eventually turns to cold and shivering, your chest hurts, you feel like you might be dying or having a heart attack, or going to pass out or go crazy.....

Classic panic attack.

9. this happened to me once last week where i rolled a bunt and took smoke the whole thing with a couple friends, then my heart felt tight and started pounding and i felt a little sick, and i been smoking for over 4 years now, it only happened a couple other times over the year, and i was power hitting that shit holding it for like 20 sec ea hit. and taking like 10 sec breathers inbetween.

Im betting its the damned tobacco harming the lovley effects of my MJ flowers when i get an attack like that. it doesnt feel like a panic attack to me, it feels more like a chemical imbalance.

10. I think i got a panic attack yesterday then. Yesterday was the second time smoking and it was just me and my friend. He rolled a blunt with a dime in it. I didn't get immediatley high but as we started to go home it kicked in on me and i got kinda dizzy, tired, and scared. I read that your heart beats faster when smoking weed therefore being at more risk to catch a heart attack. I kept putting my hand on my chest the whole way home. It was awful.

11. It's a panic attack/anxiety attack as others have said. I too have suffered with these.(not for a while now tho)

12. Yo Bro, I am new here and I have friends that go through that stuff..Its merely state of mind. Before you smoke make sure your calm and ready to enjoy it..A good movie or website like this. Then smoke and say f##k it !!! This is your time to relax and enjoy...Also tell yourself its temporary and it will go away..NO BIG DEAL !!!
    Hope this helps
    ROOSTER

13. Good advice and welcome to the forums dude!

14. Thanks Mat..Thats just what I always say..Im escaping from the hassels of everday business when i smoke so I say F##K IT..The only time I worry is when my bud is almost gone....
    LOL
    rooster

15. Only time i couldnt breath/racing heart was when I picked up a dime of fire and rolled it up into a blunt. Then my friend took me out into the wood in his old 89 jetta and we smoked it out. Boy was that a experience, he had new seals on his doors and it being a jetta it turn the inside stright white. I couldn`t see and i couldnt breath/racing heart so i had to bail out..... Crazy shit

Then the other day I had some mixed kief (One oz of bud kief was Mostly sativa and Half oz of bud kief was Mostly Indica) gave me the most sketched out high ever. It was like the different highs were fighting....

16. Yea, i can beleive it being a panic attack, cause next time i smoked after the blunt i had fast heart beat, but this time i was walking around the mall after i was high, and when ever id sit down id get the same scared feeling but once i started walking around i was fine, i think ill try using less weed too, or a weed with lower thc levels cause i still dont find it right that the last time i smoked all this happened from one hit, and the first time i smoked i took like 5 or 6 hits and i bearly got high

17. Hey, maybe your building a tolerance? Its different for everyone. I remember my days when i thought i was getting high but really i wasn't