Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weights of bags?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bongbroke, Feb 2, 2007.

1. so how exactly does an 1/8 weigh isnt it like 3.5 grams then what is it from there 1/4 never understood the grams and stuff how many grams to an ounce. Smoked for like 7 years and never knew what shiz is actually sposed to weigh.

2. Wait...I'm getting a vision...a voice, coming to me from the future....what's it saying? Oh. "Would you like fries with that?" Huh. I dunno. Weird.

But yeah.

1 ounce = 28 grams (and a little change). So, er, you know.

28 / 2 = 14. So a half ounce should weigh out to 14 or 15 grams.
    28 / 4 = 7. So a quarter ounce should weigh out to 7 grams.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Good luck with that whole math thing. Wait until you get to long division. Oh man, that is a BITCH.

3. u also have to know if u get it in normal non zipper baggies, the bag is 1 gram, so it should weigh 1 gram over with the bag.... a quarter should be 8 grams with the bag, and a eighth would be 4.5 grams with the bag... etc..

4. this was seriously the funniest fucking quote!!!! lmaorofltitu

5. Word what he said.
    What do ur 10 bags and 20 weight out to in your area?
    10 bag hence 10$ and 20 bags hence 20$.
    i guess some ppl call them dimes and nickles
    my 10bag is about .5 on a good day and 20 bag is about .8

6. that FUCKED UP!

ROFL!

7. No thats fucked up, I hope that you're talking about some chrondos.

8. its a good idea to get to know the weight of common sandwich bags, so when people throw shit on a scale for you you know whats up, even the little bags weigh like .5

9. Don't depend on that, weigh each bag you get if you're going to weigh that way. I've had bags that weigh 0.8 and I've had bags that weigh 1.1. Just depends on the brand and shit.

10. 1/8= 3.5 g
    1/4= 7
    1/2= 14
    Oz= 28
    QP= 4 oz
    Pound= 16 oz
    Kilo=2.2 pounds
    No need for the smartass comments, we all had to learn this shit too
    ;)

Budzilla420

11. That doesnt make any sense, why wouldnt you just buy 2 ten bags then?

12. judging by the dudes shady concept of a dub I'll assume those numbers are with the .2-.3ish bag weight

13. I had the same thing happen to me the other day! My "go to guy" for herb wanted $90 for a quarter, and then all he had past that was 2 more grams. He wanted $30 for the last 2 grams on top of the $90 for the quarter.

SO, he wanted $12.50ish per gram for the quarter, and $15 a gram for 2 additional grams! It's ridiculous. Or IMO it is. Why upcharge on two additional grams. In the end, I got him to drop it to $10 a gram for the last two grams cause we're friends, but my buddy and I got into a huge debate on weather upcharging on the final two grams made good business sense.

Sorry bout the rant, but it just erked the hell out of me..

14. yep, and there was someone above that was right that a normal sandwich bag (no zip) is about 1 gram.

15. well i mean my town sucks high prices, low weights so chances are if you are buying 2 10 bags then they will both weight out to .8 combined but if you get just one 10 bag then it could weight out to .5 if your lucky. But all the ppl in my town just get a 20 bag instead of 2 10's. IDK i hope u guys understand what im saying b/c its hard to explain beside my town is gay

16. i have been smoking for years since 9th grade i 20 now never cared to know weights cause i was never being ripped till i moved then i noticed it so i was asking thanks for help hope i can return the favor.

Especially cause i am one hell of a smartass

17. man over here in england you pay £20 for bout 2.8g. lucky to even get a q. dealers always take a few .'s of a gram to feed their kids.

18. Believe it or not, 3 of my dealers use tinfoil to deal their weed. I know they weigh it up with the tinfoil, but they use it spariningly, and the shite is good so i don't complain haha. One of my dealers is kinda cheap, if you buy .5g, he rips a 1g tinfoil strip in half, and you usually end up with a little more or a little less thant .5, but like I said, good shite, and he doesn't mean to rip you off, so next week he might throw in double that to make up :).This guy even deal's his hq's in tinfoil. Since those guys I met a new fellow who weighs it up before my eyes, without a baggie, then bags it for me, and he's always throwing in llittle extra .5's for me :). Keep tokin guys.