weight useing dwc bubble bucket method.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by nowuseemenowudont, Dec 29, 2013.

1. I am currently using Dwc bubble bucket method 400 Watt hps gh performance pack nutes 5.8 Ph let it drift to 6.4 and and lower .... checking tds daily to see if the ladies are taking in more nutes or water .... question is with this routine,,, what's weight per plant doing 6 plants???

2. don't let it get over 6.1 imo. 6 plants under a 400w is a tight squeeze. i do 2 plants, vegged for 28 days. they end up around 4-5 feet and yield a 1/4lb a piece.

3. I understand the lumen per plant a little... under this setup with.4 under directly the hps and the other 2 lacking a little intense light... what is your opinion on harvest

4. penetration will become an issue later on into flower. can't say an estimated weight though, it depends on a lot of factors other than lights

5. True... nutes Ph humidity tds. Size of area.. how close the light...temps Res temps c02. How much pom.. I get that.... just thought there might be a ball pack range...Thx for imput

6. And why 6.1 Ph??

7. Look up the relation between ph and the plants ability to absorbed the different nutriants. For example too low and it can still pull in some nuts but not others and vice versa.  People will often let the ph drift from a little to low to a little to high and so on. Or just stay on top of it and keep it at a nice balanced 5.6-5.8.  over 6.1 and it probably locks out important nutes for growth.

8. In every one's honest opinion ...are these looking OK... 5 week flower
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I827 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. If the canopy is full and the plants are in good health under a 400w 8-12oz is about right. Obviously if you have problems it's going to reduce yield.

The number of plants doesn't really make any difference to yield. The more plants you have the smaller they have to be. Just make sure your canopy is full. Any light shining on the ground is wasted light

• Like Like x 1
  10. Isn't it a gram per watt? A.d I'm thinking scrog screen next time... any recommended seed company's?

11. #12 GoldGrower, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    A gram per watt is a good result, I wouldn't say that's an average yield, but maybe the average of an experienced grower perhaps. Mind you a 400w HPS actually uses around 450 watts and when you factor in fans and pumps it's probably way over 500w. But then I don't know if you would count all used watts in total

ScrOGing when done correctly is a huge yield booster. It wastes very little light and allows you to veg longer in a smaller space.

12. That makes sense..thank you

13. Gorilla, attitude, herbie's, nirvana, single seed. You know, all the ones from banners and the whole seed bank section of these forums.

Don't Google some obscure shit and buy from Mikesreeferseeds.com or obviouslyshittyseedbank.net. and then complain on here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Appreciate the feed back .. I'm not into complaining .. out of curiosity what makes you recommend these companies? Have you went through them and got good genetics? And receive your seeds everytime?? Discrete shipping??

15. #16 GoldGrower, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    As for banks I can't recommend attitude enough.

I bought from gorilla once and their site said it was free postage, when I paid it charged me. I emailed them 3 times about this and also wrote a note on the order itself and not one reply. They took two weeks to get my order to me.

My most recent attitude order took 21 hours! And they always give away free seeds

The seeds I got from gorilla were duds too, but obviously I can't blame them for that, only their customer care, it doesn't exist.

As for breeders, well, you get what you pay for really. Don't buy from feminised seeds. They state on their website all their seeds are guaranteed, and no questions asked. If you want to send the seeds back for any reason they will replace them. But their address isn't on their website, and after numerous emails asking for their postal address they still haven't replied.

Nirvana have great customer service but their seeds aren't exactly top shelf, but fairly priced.

Herbies seeds are good priced and free seeds included but I have never bought from them.

Dutch passion, sensi seeds, serious seeds, doggies nuts seeds, Dinafem, high quality, joint doctor are all great breeders

16. Thank you... I'm checking attitude now... good genetics.. top shelf?

17. I've bought and grown. Ice-Nirvana, Pineapple Chunk-Herbies (currently growing at a friends, no journal), DurbanPoison-Herbies (current grow journal), and Heavyweight Fruit Punch-Herbies (I killed them all)

All super stealth and all got here on time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18.  I have references of a ph chart that states 5.1-6.0 is all a acceptable range to grow hydroponic plants. 5.2-5.5 is optimum IMO

Hopefully I don't get another warning for this reference post since I think that's what my last one was for. I never really understood that as helping people is all I'm here for.

http://cannabis.com/growing/advanced_nutrient-what-levels-should-i-maintain-for-my-hydroponic-nutrient-temperature-ph-and-tds-ec.html

First time grower? Expect a couple oz hope for a lb. Also don't forget about the possibility of losing some. Kinda like hope for the best but expect the worse. This recurring yield question comes from the most anxious growers which are the ones to try to use too many additives with a inadequate environment and are most likely to harvest early, don't do any of those beginner mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. My first grow was soil 3 week veg 150 watt hps and got 1 and 3 quarters of a ounce... not sure if that's good... this one is dwc and its got tripple the sites and triple the size...maybe more... and buds are way denser and fat..lol