Weight of your morals

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GGrass, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Which moral weighs more, between "Cheating" and "Stealing"?

Which weighs more, "Killing" and "Lying"?

2. Stealing, killing.

3. based on my standards....

I have stealing from others. But cheating has that effect on us as well. Then the worse is stealing from others.

And surely killing by far outweighs a liar, if the victim is innocent, free of the accusations. If not, then death maybe not be the worst thing in the world for their wrong actions. A liar kills the truth the same as a murderer kills someone. Regardless of cause i think killing holds more weight than killing the truth cause the truth may be found but that person is lost forever.

4. You would think that at first.. but killing is required for survival. (Although idk what the hell fast food is these days.. it may be the only food that wasn't once living besides sweets/snacks)

5. maybe you're speaking about human-animal context? i posted in the context of humans. Like killing each other i didn't see as a means of survival ... expand a little, does murder justify survival? i think its an extreme solution if it does.

6. #6 DBV, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
    I agree murder is wrong.

btw, GG: I chose cheating as more hurtful because emotion is far more important to me then material possession.

And the second one I suppose I would say killing because I could never bring myself to end a life.

7. stealing and killing

8. cheating, killing.

Just break up with them.

9. cheating and killing

10. It's all about context. Each one could be heavier or lighter than the last depending on many different factors. I don't believe any one could be singled out as the heaviest, they all balance.

11. GGrass respect.

I urge for this section read this:eek:

Oppression is Worse than Slaughter

stealing is wrong.
    cheating can be an obnoxiously innocent thing.

On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
    Surah al- Ma'idah 5:32​

lying is never justified. ever

this world can trick us into thinking we are permanent here. that warm blanket at night does more than help one sleep. it allows escape from our environment. something we should get fuzzy about.

some awesome answers above me.

12. Why do you ask?

13. I don't think any should weigh over the other. They're all equally destructive and produce the same negativity. The reality is we can't function, as a society, if we don't put weight over certain ones :(

14. Neither. They're all the same. Just a thing. Depending on personal experiences, one could mean more to a certain individual based on their feelings tho.

15. its all fucked to me

16. Their weights vary from situation to situation. Example: you could kill one person and be deemed a monster...or you could kill someone who is hated by the general population and be commended for being a hero

17. I ask because I want to know.

I want to know if morals have different weights.

I want to know which moral is heavy, and which moral is light.

I want to know these because I want to ask.

I want to ask if that is correct?

Should morals have different weights?

Should certain moral be heavier than others?

Why? Why should they be different?

I'm going in circles, aren't I?

18. I go in circles all the time. Until I know what I need to know to escape it. Questions are great. When you go in circles, you learn all you need to know about that circle without having to look back.

19. I told you... he's a sage.

:smoke:

20. ha ha ha