Weight Gainer

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by tonyhimselff, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Long story short. I'm on a tight budget, can't afford supplements but I want to gain weight/mass. I googled some at home weight gainers but I wanted some blades input on what at home weight gainer recipes you guys have used and have worked for you?

I'm down to only working out 3-4 times a week at home.

2. Milk
    Blended oats
    Peanut butter
    Olive oil
    Cheap whey protein

3. Get all your calories from food man, it's much better for you. You can indulge in those healthy fats s bit more as they are calorie dense!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. [quote name='"Lauzmmj"']Get all your calories from food man, it's much better for you. You can indulge in those healthy fats s bit more as they are calorie dense![/quote]

I try but I'm on the go a lot sometimes I don't have enough time to fit all my meals in

5. I've never deliberately attempted to put on weight, but from my experiences, milk with a higher fat percentage and peanut butter are excellent for gaining weight quickly.

6. 1 cup whole milk

2 big spoons all natural peanut butter

2 bananas

put in blender

top off with ice

blend

drink

enjoy

7. Eggs are dirt cheap.. plenty of protein and fat too

the whey protein mixes that Walmart sells is a really good bang for your buck when it comes to supplements... read a lot of good reviews online about it too

8. Thanks for the input!

I've been using
    eggs,
    banana,
    natural peanutbutter
    Olive oil
    Milk
    Nesquick
    Yogurt

And nesquick and it taste pretty damn good lol

9. Oh god, nesquick is in this list... No wonder why I'm a bit fat, I love nesquick :O :O :O

10. [quote name='"DaLime"']Oh god, nesquick is in this list... No wonder why I'm a bit fat, I love nesquick :O :O :O[/quote]

Hahahah. Nesquick doesn't really add much calorie. I do it for the sake of taste. I Love Nesquick too though :)

11. Milk and peanut butter will turn you into the hulk.

12. I've been drinking these shakes for the past three days and omg I get so damn full I feel like throwing up sometimes lol

13. While you're on this topic, I've always wondered how people who are trying to gain weight (healthily yet at a relatively fast weight) can do so healthily. I'm aware that a lot of natural foods, like avocados and nuts, are high in fat content and low in pesticides/other artificial bullshit, but I wonder if even eating natural food like this can still screw up people's cholesterol levels, etc.

14. I have a buddy that is absolutely jacked and swears by eating two boxes of KD every day at lunch along with his regular meal. 500lb bench press and the guy is all natural, 220lbs and ripped to pieces.

15. [quote name='"HigherEducation"']I have a buddy that is absolutely jacked and swears by eating two boxes of KD every day at lunch along with his regular meal. 500lb bench press and the guy is all natural, 220lbs and ripped to pieces.[/quote]

Might be a dumb question but what's KD? And yeah I have a friend also whose a damn beast and did so mostly natural, just some whey protein and tons of pasta and stuff.

As for being healthy idk if I'm being that healthy by doing it this way. I'm taking these shakes, eating two big meals with tuna sandwiches in between. And hot Cheetos for snacks lmao.

I'm 6'3 and only 140 pounds. I'm somewhat lean since I've played sports all my life and hit used to hit the gym 3days a week. But I got lazy lol

16. Kraft Dinner

17. this totally reminds me of mean girls...

18. All fat is not created equal.

You basically have 4 different kinds of fat and 2 different kinds of cholesterol:

-Tran fat
    -Saturated fat

These raise LDL cholesterol which is the bad.

Then you have:

-Monounsaturated fat
    -Polyunsaturated fat

These are really good for you and raise HDL cholesterol.

When doctors measure a patients cholesterol, they look at both, HDL/LDL numbers and give you a total cholesterol number. You need to aim to have higher HDL level in your blood steam versus LDL. That is how you determine ones health.

Once you know what your levels are, then you can eat accordingly to what your body needs.

Just remember...Fats are necessary, you just need to know what kind you are consuming.

Hope that helps,

19. Nuts eggs peanut butter dairy products

20. grow up... wait until you're 40... i'll guarantee you won't have a problem gaining weight.