Week 5 of flowering and i am struggling Here, HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by skunkharvester, Aug 10, 2007.

1. So This is my first crop back in a while. My Plants started to turn Yellow over the past nine days.
    Temps are 92 degress and Humidity is around 54%.
    Using 5 gallon Pots and Fox Farm Big Bloom as directed, with some Bat Guano
    Not sure of the PH, I know WTF but I just am just not sure.

I have been adding 2 tsp. of Lime in the ISO filtered water per 2.5 gallons of water when I water. The odd thing is that not all the plants are showing signs just about 15% total. That 15% is getting worse??? Please Help.

I think some is from Heat Stress? I movedf the lights up this am. The yellowing/burn is in the upper part of the plants. Here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. This second picture has me really worried. 15% damage now could turn into 50% in another 9 days. I know that the plants leaves will yellow during flowering but a couple of plants are not headed in the right direction.

How long does it take for the lime to lower the PH?
    I guess one thing I am not sure about is if the Ph adjust lower does that unlock the Fert's in the Soil or does it have to be flushed in addition to the Lime treatment?

You guys are smart, positve Karma Here:cool: A little help please

3. arbitrarilly adding lime and products wont keep the PH in check without measuring the PH, on the contrary it messes things up

although you need to complete a soil runoff ph test, at worst your still in no dire situation, the plants can feed on its self the next week or 2 till it finishes, so you can RELAX A LITTLE......& its time for your final flush anyways

To rule out PH related issues complete a soil runoff PH test.......
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...test the PH of this water....
    If the PH reading is out of optimum range 6.5-6.8 PH, you need to flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require much more flushing if the rootball is thick & sour
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush

4. thats whats happening to mine

5. mat369 what week are you in?

6. Thanks Ganja.
    Okay I bought a PH tester :hello: My Water PH is 6.5 Nice! Bad news is my runoff is 4.9 to 5.1. I guessed wrong. I thought my PH was high and added lime &)(%*#&_(&$@&^#%^%$# Sheeet, Okay I feel better. So now I am way low on the PH side :cool:.

So do I leach the pots first? I guess I am confused with PH vs Over Fertilization vs Salts. My plants are a lot worse than the last pic. I am such a rookie

a.)I know that the PH sould be 6.0 to 6.8. To high or low can lock up Nutes.
    b.)I think I know that over fertilization can burn your plants and cause the leaves to burn
    c.) What i have no clue about is the effects of a low PH and or how to correct it?
    d.) I am using only Organics, do I need to flush

I want to relax but I hate losing in the last seconds of the game

7. If the PH reading is out of optimum range 6.5-6.8 PH, you need to flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require much more flushing if the rootball is thick & sour
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush
    add 1/2 strength nutes to the last gallon of the flush.

as low as you are in ph use the garden hose, let it run till your soil runoff ph is 6.5 - 6.8

you will get it:D