week 5 normal or not?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by silentpride425, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Going on week 5 have 10 ladies under 1 400 watt MH with lots of reflection... light meter says normal light on farthest plants from light...Plants are short and bushy prob 6-8" high 5 nodes and just put on first set of fan leaves.. Hit plants with trip 10 last night very lightly VERY.. 1 tbs per 3 gal container and watered well...should I have bigger plants at this stage?? Constant 75deg in light 65 during dark hrs circ fan on always..humidity always between 40 and 60 17 hrs light 7 hrs dark...Thoughts..Opinions?????

2. Unless you are flowering you should leave the lights on 24 hours a day.

3. I was under the impression that during veg you need longer light periods but the plants still require some dark period for normal functions to take place? And if I change them to 24 on what's that gonna do to them after being on 17-7 for 5 weeks?

4. Anyone got an answer....I'm really hesitant to go from 17-7 to full 24 after 5 weeks of diligent 17-7 but I would like to see a little faster growth from day to day...This is my first grow in an artificial setting..but i come from a huge farming background so I have somewhat of a leg up but still have a lot to learn from my ladies and hopefully you all any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

5. I used to run 24/7 light great growth I only changed to cut corners on the power bill lol have my fans off on dark as well no issues with that
    I have 18/6 now do you have any pics better for stoners lol visual aids

It will not hurt your plants IMO either way some say no some say yes it's up to you really

Sent from iPhone 5

6. Thanks for the info Freeborn and yes I will load pics tonight so plz check back in a few hrs and have a look and tell me what you think..I think I will switch to 24/7 tonight and see what happens. I know the genetics of the plant really have a great deal to do with how they grow and the mh bulb is great for compact plants but I just feel that I should already have a full set of fan leaves by this point??

7. Cool thanks pics to come soon..

8. 32 Days old....comments???

9. Too small no food or what

Sent from iPhone 5

10. Yes that's exactly the problem...I fed them well 24 hrs ago for the first time but not enough to burn them so should start to see some good growth by the end of the week I hope...ppm is on the way so that should help me keep the right nutes under them.. any other suggestions to improve growth rate without wrecking my soil?

11. Just time now
    How close is your light
    LST
    Sent from iPhone 5

12. there not super stretched so has to be soil issues.

13. #15 SiRbUdZaLot84, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    Just follow the feeding schedule to the "T" for your nutrients line and if you want faster growth and yield look into using bottled CO2 or a CO2 generator. CO2 generators just produce a ton of heat and it's like putting a grill in your room which is why most people go with bottled. Also, don't buy those cheap CO2 bags or buckets, they don't really do nothing. Invest in a tank and regulator and you'll see those girls grow like crazy! :) And 17/7 light schedule? Why not 18/6?

14. Thanks for the awesome info guys. And 17-7 lucky number 7 that backfired lol.. will deff start co2 asap .thanks again