week 3 flower pistils starting to turn amber already?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayson33, Jul 22, 2011.

1. hey so I don't have any males in my flower room any my one of my girls are starting to have their pistils turning amber already can anyone help me out of this?

2. what your PH? and grow medium?

And how hot does it get where your plants are?

3. pistils being amber doesnt mean much. could be stress, could be the strain. get a micro for the trich's i doubt it's ready.

are you growing in soil? hydro?

and what are the air temps and if hydro water temps as well?

4. There is nothing unusual about this. It does not mean they have been pollinated.

5. the strain is cheesewreck I am in soil and the ph levels are fine :/ temps are probably around the 80's and ill get some pics when i get home but my camera is shitty

6. #7 morange, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    I don't believe you have any cause for alarm, my plants have always shown amber pistils early on. As long as the majority are still milky white and haven't receded into the calyx then I think that would just be normal signs of flowering.

As your plants get older they will start having more and more amber hairs that shrivel and dry but at week 3 you should still have tons of new calyx growth.

EDIT: Here is a picture of a side branch on my Pineapple Chunk plant that is about 4~ weeks into flowering:
    [​IMG]

There are amber hairs that look like mature buds but the majority is still in development.