Weedstar

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Hamooding, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Hello,
    I don't mean to start a flame war or anything, I'm just really interested in how weed star can get prices so low. I mean they are managing 20" high double percolators and inlines and all for less than 150$ and quite frankly they look good. I may sound biased here but I wouldn't buy them cause I really believe that "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." So how are they achieving that? What is the quality of the glass they use? Can anyone who actually owns a weedstar comment on the quality of the glass, the percs and the general construction? And as far fetched as this sounds, does anyone own a weedstar AND a high-end bong and can compare them?

If you want to flame or bash without giving a reason please do it else where, if you have something good to say about it tell us why, if you want to rip it to shreds then please back your words with facts.

Thanks.

2. prodo glass china percs, horribe joints, but good for the price you can say

3. I don't own any low end pieces but I've smoked out of plenty of china glass in my time. The ones with more basic designs like straight tubes hit just fine really since it's hard to screw that up. The ones with percs and multiple chambers will drag. All the pieces are made out of very cheap/thin glass.

4. I don't know about thin, they are making some 5mm glass nowadays, are they known to break?

5. 5mm china glass means under 3mm where it's blown out, yes they break, and the welds/joints are always awful.

6. A friend of mine has this weedstar:
    http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/spicky_black_s.jpg
    (5mm Messias Spiky Ice)

Defintiely a solid bong... doesn't feel or look cheap at all. <3 Weedstar (probably won't own one myself but I point a lot of friends in their direction because they're great for the money in my opinion) here...

7. It's a simple beaker but they still managed to screw it up with a carb hole. Plus it costs $70, you can get an EHLE tube + diffuser for that which is a much nicer piece.

8. What about their percs anyone try those? Do they really drag hard?
    Personal experience would be great :)
    Agreed on the Ehle chris, although GC has carbed ehles sadly.

9. Ya they drag, but I'm a perc hater in general, I can deal with toros but that's about it.

10. I thought the carb hole was dumb as shit when I saw it, but it's really not a bother at all, you can use slides and plug the carb hole with the rubber stopper, or use a keck clip on the bowl and use the carb. It actually works really well.