weedstar (ws*) opinions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by juggalo6106, May 20, 2010.

1. Of course your allowed to speak how you wish to speak. I choose to not insult people when I speak thats all. Even though what i say means nothing to you, you are still talking to me. Its a little odd to talk to someone when you dont care about, but I care about talking to you, thats why Im doing it ^_^

Its fun to hear how weed star models are worse than others though when you put it that way. Cause most people dont have knowledge of glass techniques like that. I being one myself.

But I still cant say weed star is "bad" as they dont try to make it seem like its anything other than it is. Its cool to know why their products are so cheap, and Im glad that their prices correspond the quality in which they are made.

Thats why I think they are good business men. Dont piss on my head and tell me its raining.

and dont charge me for high end glass when it really isnt. And weedstar doesnt do that.

2. [​IMG]

3. its all about personal preference in the end. facts are facts and how glass is made is up to the maker...but, there are in fact particular glass brands that outperform and produce superb glass that isnt just built for the look but built for the look and the hit. thats the most important aspect.

4. dont get me wrong...SYNs new stuff is beautiful...but its still not high quality glass. SYN is almost equivalent to ZOB. Large bulk manufacturing of glass. and the price is the price for that reason...but still...great piece and im sure it hits nicely

5. low end syn=low end zob
    high end syn>>>high end zob
    mid range syn > mid range zob

in my biased opinions of hitting a bunch of syns and a bunch of zobs

6. Actually your wrong. SYN just recently got a couple new guys in and started stepping up their shit. They make the percs properly now, and are considered by many "high end glass".

SYN is not comparable to WeedStar at all.

7. ^that i agree with

8. i really don't think Weedstar is that great of a value. I'd rather spend $110 on a syn tube than $50 on a Weedstar tube that will have wobbly joints and poorly annealed glass. Not to mention W* percs are a fucking joke. Speaking of which, ICP, really? If you really are 18 or older I suggest you make it a mission to explore music that isn't so terrible.

W* is no better than those cheap little knockoff shops in Chinatown. They just have better marketing.

9. no disagreement there. you probably know better than i do. I've hit my fair share of pieces as you have. Im moreso comparing the make of the bongs than the actual hit..even though the hit is what matters most..which is why i said im sure they hit very well...but craftsmenship and quality are two things that cannot be denied or argued...SYN, ZOB, WeedStar etc. make quality LOOKING glass, but their glass is in fact not of the highest quality (thats all im saying about them...nothing about the actual hit)

10. If I came across as insulting, I apologize. Most, if not all of my derogatory comments are not directed towards people, just used in a sentence.

I don't think they are a bad company, they do what they do and they do it well. But for people looking to buy a GOOD, nice hitting bong, they should look elsewhere. Ontop of everything else, they are still using Closed-Ended Percs, which result in uncomfortable drag.

I really do hope Weedstar shapes up and makes some innovative shit, but as of now I can't help but laugh at their recent attempts.

11. SYN is not high end...maybe middle grade...I, as im sure all of you do, have high expectations and i usually compare things to my buddy's Toro, or my old Kind Creations, or my new 2010bc...ive never hit a sovereignty but made by one guy...thats craftsmenship...bulk production ruins the value of any piece and its quality

12. You are 100% right. This is why SYN recently stopped prodo, and hired some legitimate glassblowers. If you follow their progression, they change styles up constantly, trying new color variations and perc's. Lately, the 2010 line is nothing but high end glass.

Even ZOB is getting better! haha

13. Originally Posted by ziggi jackson \t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t
    \t\t\t\tagain i make bongs for people who spend there money for a good live not for a good brand !! but im shure you dont drive a normal car you have a ferrari !!
    [​IMG]

From TC..

so you can't say ws* isn't a good brand but Ziggi himself can?

14. I can respect that. But the good thing is that they are opening up their percs on alot of their models, based off popular opinion from me. Hell he's already changing his epic pre-cooler 2.0 so it has open ends, and he just released the first set lol.

15. haha yea im not trying to say that you are wrong by any means. my 2010bc is amazing and i love it. and hopefully its safe to say its high end because it feels and rips like a high end piece. I havent followed SYNs progression so ill definitely take your word for it. Their new stuff is pretty sick to look at, especially the showerheads with sooo many slits. Props for SYN though cause i almost did buy one of their new pieces

16. OK please stop comparing SYN to w*, they are night and day....the glass itself syn uses is the same 5mill boro that is used on an sg, it's just what they do w/ it. also I would not at ALL consider kc the same level as a toro, they use imported tubing in a lot of their glass (all that colored stuff) SYN is innovating every day, W* is copying other ppl's hard work and research everyday.

weed star is good for the price, but the price is cheap and the glass is shitty, i'm not saying it's not a good price, but like it's been said a million times, you get what you pay for....really shitty glass and craftmenship

17. i agree, especially with the last statement...which is all it comes down to- the hit, the craftsmenship, and the quality glass. I had a KC inline with the coil percs...not sure if it can be considered high quality but the glass was definitely very thick and sturdy..they dyed some of the glass but mostly left it clear

18. I Dont think ziggi is trying to put his brand down. I think hes trying put the point across that "you dont have to be a millionaire to live like one"

Meaning that, there are more expensive better quality things out their, but my brand is good, and you can experience those things even if you dont have the money.

19. I'm not hating on w* my first tube was the messias double tree 5mm beaker......and it sucked lol, which is why I will never ever go back to anything but high end again, it's just sooo worth the money it's not funny, i use it everyday multiple times, with the w* it's like, ehh i guess i'll smoke....it's alright, w/ a higher end tube it's a joy to smoke and gets you wayyyy higher with less weed

20. I don't know about that man... with the same amount of percs a W* should get you just as high as a Sovereignty. The glass shouldn't attract/waste any more thc in either piece and all a bong does is deliver smoke to the lungs.