Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed's and Unsettling Paranoia/Anxiety

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Entheogenic, Aug 11, 2011.

1. #1 Entheogenic, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    It takes me 0.1-0.2 of potent indica based kush to get me high for about 2-3 hours. I smoke only at night, so one toke from the pipe or bong is enough for a very profound high.

My tolerance is borderline low, and it's so low that my high is manifested with pronounced bouts of paranoia/anxiety, then it diminishes after an hour into a relaxed, introspective and euphoric high.

I would say that the paranoia/anxiety happens because I'm not comfortable to begin with when I smoke inside the house, which is why I prefer to smoke outside on a comfortable chair to view the stars above me and do breathing exercises to get rid of the uneasiness. The paranoia/anxiety may also have something to do with introducing THC into my body again after 5 months. I never gotten paranoid/anxious before when I smoked weed, but now I do.. I suppose my body is just getting familiar with the effects again and I just need to remain calm and carefree. The paranoia/anxiety becomes worsened in an environment I'm not familiar with.. like (smoking at night around the desert, smoking with people I don't know very well, being around people when I'm high and my eyes are bloodshot, etc) I'm guessing that I need to become pragmatic in these situations when I'm high, so I can become used to the situations and remain at ease and not worry about a single thing (depending on the circumstances) Of course no one is going to a job interview while high, and certainly no one is going to be getting high when the police are around!. :D

Other than the paranoia/anxiety, I enjoy weed for it's wonderful mind-opening ability to view current situations as they are, and being able to intricately connect these complex problems together to help resolve the issues so I am comfortable afterwards. I become very philosophical when I smoke now, and I think that's why I enjoy smoking very little to achieve the desired effect's weed can induce.

When I used to smoke weed, I would feel the analgesic effect (pain relief), euphoria, laughter, and everything that I thought was slightly boring, became more interesting, but I never got in-depth with my subconscious, I was too stoned for any introspection to take place. Ever since I quit for 5 months and started smoking again, my mind goes in many directions at once, and it almost seems as if I cannot control everything that I'm thinking about, I have a habit of thinking of many things at once, and it just hinders my ability to focus on one thing at a time; I may just need to practice handling my thought processes better when I'm sober and high.

2. you as a person might have also changed within those 5 months
    you just don't knowW

3. Yeah, I am in my early 20's, I suppose my brain is going through changes. But I have to admit, I enjoy weed more for the introspective/philosophical aspect. Hopefully, the paranoia/anxiety will soon diminish and will become a thing of the past. I know it's necessary to become paranoid in certain situations, but I want to make sure I don't become paranoid in situations where I don't need to be.

4. I also have this problem, This sudden and very real 'paranoia',...The only way to overcome this is to have a more comfortable place to smoke ( outside if your a nature lover like me ), Put all worries behind you, Breathe slowly and deeply and toke away. Try to stare at the stars and actually..you will start feeling an utter animal-istic connection to the cosmos...

5. There is a sticky on this and it's a pretty common side effect. I once had my paranoia induced by eating Chinese food before smoking. Diet can be a contributing factor as well as setting. Just tell yourself nobody has ever died from herb and tell your anxiety to get the heck out of there...