Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weediquette... when to thank?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dr RealGood, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Ok, so here's the situation. You are hanging out at the local Emporium when your friend slappy says that his cousin John-boy is in from out of town, and is on his way over. Well little do you know that John-boy is stoner from way back and brought a bowl packed-up and ready to go. You've never smoked with john-boy before an have only met him once or twice.

Do you just come out and thank him for the bowl? Because at this point, you don't even know if he's going to pass it to you.

Do you wait until you take a hit from the bowl? But thanking someone for a hit may imply that you only want 1 hit.

Or do you wait until the bowl in finished, and then thank him?

2. if I am able to get down on a sesh I usually thank them after the sesh when I am feelin high. if I only get 1 hit though and I know I am only gettin 1 hit, then I thank them for that 1 hit. :)

3. did you miss pre-school? lol if you really need advice on when to thank someone, then you should probably lay back of the ganja-because your probably already drunk

4. No need to be a Debbie Downer. Did you miss Pre-school? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. It was a valid question.

And by the way, Weed makes you high... not drunk.

5. Oh shit, where'd you get your Phd?

6. I would thank them after the bowl.

7. From Doctor School.

8. I agree that it's a valid question... I think what I would do is wait till the bowl comes around to me and ask if it's cool I get in on it. If he says he's cool, then say thanks then.

Plus... I don't know about you guys, but if anyones in the circle, all my buddies and I usually offer anyways. Why make it an awkward rotation? :smoke:

9. ha i loled...

i would say after you finish smoking though....he obviously is koo /w u smoking if he didnt say anything the whole session so thank him after and u good

10. [​IMG]

11. If I was in that situation I wouldn't really expect a hit, but if they passed it and it said it was cool I'd take the hit and thank them when the sesh is done.

12. When someone hands me weed I thank them, even if it's the joint I just rolled and sparked. I don't think you should assume that saying thanks signals you're done.

13. I say thanks for smoking me out man.

I've honestly never been in a situation where the dude has been like

"You can't smoke with me man"

or

"You can only have 1 hit"

So.... Yeah I'd thank em if they say it's all good for you to smoke.

Btw I completely lol'd at the previous posts. :D

14. Say "thank you" as you accept the pot they hand you. It's always appropriate to say "thank you" as soon as you know you'll want to say it.

Heck, say it more than once. "Please" and "thank you" are words people don't get tired of. Thank them before and after the session, after each hit, and whenever they scratch their left ankle.

15. When weed starts getting passed around its always assumed that anybody who wants it is going to smoke it, unless they specifically try to sneak around you, like going outside and not telling you. However, i tend to say thanks before or after the smoking commences, and if they don't want you to hit it, it won't get passed to you. If all else fails, just ask politely if you "can get in on that." But you may also want to add "but if your low, i understand" just in case they actually don't want to pass it to you.

16. Haha who the hell brings a loaded bowl for theirself and that's it? Akwardd haha

I'd thank them after the sess ends

17. Haha who the hell brings a loaded bowl for theirself and that's it? Akwardd haha

I'd thank them after the sess ends

18. Hahahhahaha PWND