Weed Withdrawal And The Myth Keeping Me Up Tonight.

Discussion in 'General' started by looter, Jul 5, 2014.

1. #1 looter, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    Hey kids first post :)
    *Edit*

So we all know how well documented it is that there is no such thing as withdrawal from weed. Except that we can't really say because experimentation with marijuana on the human body in a recognized lab has been sorely restricted by its schedule one classification, atleast in the US. So I'm gonna assert that we don't know nearly as much as we think we do.
    I'm also going to give it a go and say that if the reason opiate withdrawal sucks is because ones body temporarily "forgets" how to produce it's own opiates, maybe my body is forgetting how to make cbd..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21175589/

You dig? Note to angry smart people* I have no formal education in terms of chemistry.. I'm just working with what I know, flawed though it may be.

It all started (again) tonight which is day 2 of my t break. Nausea, and restlessness led me to these and other forums and past threads (all threads are pretty dead and I'm no necromancer) on this topic where it's been a mix of people ardently denying the existence of withdrawal symptoms and advice from those who've experienced it first hand. I'll submit here as further evidence of the existence of these symptoms that I had never heard of these symptoms before experiencing them myself and was surprised at how common they seemingly are for those of us that are heavy users.

I'm calling shenanigans. Withdrawal exists. One could say it's mental sure, but I think the simplest answer is usually right and if cbd is an anti emetic, and my body makes it naturally, and I supplant my natural cbd for months, or years with foreign cbd, my body may just not feel the need to make any for awhile while it waits for me to give it some. This in my under-educated mind is how other withdrawals work so if cbd is responsible for nausea suppression (or in this case feeling normal) why shouldn't it work the same way?

I'm interested in crutches for the next couple of weeks.. I've read someone say melatonin which is an awesome idea at night for sleep, others have said exercise which unfortunately is outside of the realm of possibilities for me due to a bad back injury.

Any one else have any good ideas?

2. I thought it was an accepted fact that weed has mild withdraw symptoms. Things like poor sleep, slightly different mood, irritability, ect.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Maybe, I've been a forum poster and a toker for the past 10 years but never combined the two before.. Any post I've read before on the subject has been half flame war so I figured I'd submit evidence for my thought process.

4. Right there with you. Not taking a t break but that's usually what it feels like when I don't smoke for a day :/ not like an addiction just what happens if I don't smoke unless I make myself busy for that entire day then I'm 1000% fine idk soon ill stop smoking for a long time

5. I broke down and made some Erl from my abv. Weening down now ;-)

6. #6 LuxTenebris, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    A habit is very different from an addiction.

Irritablity, trouble sleeping and so forth, will happen when you deprive yourself from ANYTHING you are used to, it is not inherently the cannabis.

Also proved by the fact that not everyone who goes on a tbreak experiences these things.

7. Alright I made it before cball lol..

I agree when I suddenly stop smoking I have a bit less appetite, it takes me a little longer to fall asleep.  But I guess my argument is mostly semantic that it's not a cannabis withdrawal. It's just my body readjusting to a new way of going about daily activities.  The reason I can't bring myself to call it withdrawal symptoms is because I have experienced real withdrawal symptoms to real physically addicting substances and it is most definitely not the same lol, there's no going to the gym to take your mind off a real withdrawal. I don't have the writing ability to describe an actual withdrawal so I will have to leave it at that.

but I agree what you are feeling isn't imaginary.

8. Well, at least you recognize it is flawed.

Remember; correlation does not imply causation. :cool:

no..it has never been accepted by science or anyone aware of real science vs DEA propaganda.

10. ya..prohibitionist logic...
    my idea..go back to school and complain about the shitty education you received. you have no clue what science is or how science works...you can blame Nancy Reagen... :bongin:

you ignore actual physical science and embrace brainwashing propaganda...not evidence at all..it is just the propaganda turning your brain into a marshmallow. :laughing:

propaganda continues with how to ween away from the pot monkey on his back...

addiction report thread right out of the reefer madness propaganda manual, from a noob account...oh my...is this a flame war...hardly

Calling out some propaganda, reefer madness themed bullshit post, is not a flame...it's a public service. :gc_rocks:

11. Got any real science to prove that? You can't say someone's experience is propelled by propaganda until you examine the body. If were gonna get scientific here.... Wait..... We can't. It's illegal and studies haven't been done yet. Altrough if history is any indication, you will be fine from either smoking weed or dropping it cold turkey.

SickAsTits.

burden of proof fallacy...prove it is physically addictive when medical science says it is not.

it is not up to people to prove a negative...show the proof.

btw..do you always support reefer madness themed threads?

13. I dont support anything. I create oppinions on case by case basis. I don't think anyone really wants to spread propaganda on a cannabis forum where people will toke no matter what they read. And i do think there something to the withdraw thing. yesterday was first day in months i have been dry and i couldnt fall asleep till like 4:30am, although it was pretty hot and stuff. 

14. I'm at a bbq and an really looking forward to replying to this when I get home.

Just a small favor? This discussion isn't gonna change anything.. It's academic. We're just a bunch of stoners discussing shit on the net.. No need to get heated.

Also, cball it hurts your credibility as a voice in this discussion when you dismiss something out of hand just because it doesn't fit in with the way you see things. That's actually the opposite of science.

Let's all smoke a bowl and come back with open minds? As I said we're not writing drug policy here.. Just posting on a forum.

15. What you've supplied us with, OP, is called "anecdotal evidence", and is about as relevent to the "what does pot do to us" debate as what my cat thinks of the weather.

I for one, have been a very frequent toker since I started, but as of late have stopped "cold turkey" due to my need to find a job in this new state I'm living in. No loss of sleep or appetite, no mood changes, nada.

Which brings me to my next portion of my argument: until cannabis can be tested on humans with a quality control group and a wide variety of test subjects, we have no clue whether or not withdrawals actually exist or not.

Based on my experiences however, I'd have to say withdrawals do not exist with thc/cbd, and anyone that finds themselves "addicted" or "withdrawing" from cannabis has underlying problems that need to be dealt with before they can assert something like this.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

my credibility doesn't suffer at all when I call out bullshit propaganda and fallacies that support the reefer madness scare you and others try to spread.

You still have yet to show the physical science supporting the claim of physical addiction that would lead to withdrawals...all you have done is spew rhetoric of your personal experience of having no impulse control and weak will power to abstain from things you do habitually...you act like a baby that had it's pacifier taken away...

show the physical science that supports your bullshit claims of physical addiction properties or just stfu.

17. #17 SupaAPE, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    I have not smoked in about 2months give or take a week...

prior to that i was smoking virtually 24/7...

I realized in this 2 month hiatus that tobacco is poison which is not only slowly killing me, but addictive as hell. I quit smoking cold turkey the last blunt i rolled...i bought a vape a couple of weeks ago in anticipation for my future harvest. I know stupid me right? anyways...

I don't think weed is physically addicting per say. However, do not underestimate  the power of the human psyche, it is more powerful than anything else in your body. Your physical strength (no matter how large you are) is nothing compared to your mental ability and ego.

I think (i speak for my past self, and others) a lot of us at some point, consumed cannabis to cope with some problems in our life at a given time. These problems could be anything, family, friends, government, propaganda, hatred, growing up, trying to understand the world we live in, etc... 

I think for people consuming a higher amount of cannabis on a daily basis (i was), their psyche gets used to being in the 'lifted' state. the way in which a person perceives the world when high, is different then when they are sober, hence why marijuana is a psychoactive substance, it alters the psyche. we feel great when lifted (who the f*ck doesn't?), we escape reality to an extent, because our psyche is altered. we may also escape problems in our reality temporarily, or indefinitely (differs between people, their habits, and the way they think) . so when we (people that procrastinate / have a negative view of people & life when stoned and/or sober) stop consuming weed all of the sudden, we come down from that lifted state and come back into reality, which most of the time sucks compared to when we are lifted (it's been proven that not only humans, but animals enjoy getting high and/or intoxicated). i think this come down for some/most people is hard to deal with, and depression accompanies the transition. depending on the extent of depression, a person can feel nausea, tired, sick even physically drained. again, the human psyche is powerful, positively and negatively on a persons body.

therefore i have personally decided to try and limit my habit to weekends and offdays as much as possible (might not happen that way, but i need to try).

18. Cball, what do you need a hug? I can't format a reply for shit on this phone so wait a couple of hours. Seriously.. Why are you coming at me like I just told you Santa doesn't exist? I said I don't have shit for knowledge in this area and that I'm just going on how I feel and how I know other things work.. Don't you think if I was the man I'd pretend I had scientific evidence and that I was an authority on this? Jesus Christ I just got here.

Also if I was the man and supportive of propaganda I wouldn't link something saying it has medical use.. I'd fight to keep people ignorant and keep it schedule 1.

Oh wait.. Now I get it.. Some of you probably read when I said that "we don't know nearly as much about it as we think we do.." As if i was saying it could be dangerous and should be avoided?

Rest assured.. These symptoms are extremely mild and I'm not advocating that anyone "watch out" for the big bad weed. Just asking what others think about cbd drop as being a possible reason for me feeling nauseas.. I smoked because I wanted to.. Not because I was jonsing and scratching my arms. Cball if you still see me as some sort of anti pot propaganda poster I dunno what to tell you.. But I won't sweat it.

19. Edited my first post to include this,
    \nThe symptoms I have been experiencing are AT MOST a tiny annoyance. I take full responsibility for my actions and I'm not looking to place blame on something we all love or place it in a bad light.. But if we are not willing to question our current knowledge then we are unreliable in the pursuit of truth.
    \nI question whether or not marijuana has a physically addictive property causing a withdrawal symptom in some individuals that is related to cbd loss or low production of cbd due to my long term and somewhat heavy consumption of materials containing cbd. I equate the severity of these symptoms to those from stopping cold turkey after drinking many cups of coffee for a long time.. it sucks but its nothing you can't suck it up and get over.
    \nI have no scientific evidence of anything that Im questioning.. ITS JUST AN IDEA
    \nIf I was to assert that I had evidence, I would first have to be using a product of some sort with a controlled amount of cbd. I vape flowers. and I dont have any idea what amount of cbd is in the stuff I get. I do know that its not a strain known for high amounts of cbd  which means its probably VERY low.
    \nIn the following un-adultered post I use the word evidence which in hindsight was a poor choice of word as About2Cum pointed out. I can't at the moment think of a better word but what I mean to say is these are the reasons that I have come to question wether or not weed can have a physical withdrawal effect. Again as About2Cum points out in his well written post this couldn't be proven until it was tested with control groups and a large cross section of the population.
    \nFinally,
    I ask questions, its my nature, Light up and lighten up..

20. Speaking of about to cum. Huston, we have successful launch.

Ahhhhhh, feeels good.

SickAsTits.