Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed wine pairing, anyone?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shalur, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Yes, I'm totally serious. I think it would be fun to do just because it's so ridiculous. Considering now what would be best. Definitely not a white-- I'm thinking that you'd want something with some nice tannins... Malbec maybe. Or maybe something nice and chewy, to supplement that smokey feeling.

Anyone ever done this?

2. Done what?
    Drank wine while stoned?
    ...Pretty sure it's been done by many...

I don't really like wine myself, though I don't mind a full bodied merlot, that's about all I'll bother with.

3. #3 hurb1, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. Do you mean soaking cannabis in wine?

5. #5 Castle 420, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    I believe he is just looking for a wine to drink that would accurately compliment the marijuana he's smoking. Although, I would think that would vary slightly strain to strain.

6. Guys, what he means is like how people choose red or white with certain foods and how some folks prefer dry or sweet.

My thoughts would be having a glass of a sweet wine with a Sativa and a dry wine with an Indica.

7. Yah, wine to drink while smoking a bowl for example.

8. I hear wine and cheese is good... ;)

9. I've downed a whole bottle of wine and smoked a fat blunt at the same time.

one of the dopest moments haha.

10. A nice sweet wine, I would think.

I love a B & M WoodTip Wine after a nice blunt. :cool:

11. I'm a huge wine enthusiast, in addition to being an avid smoker. Just last night my girlfriend and I had a nice night where we shared a bottle of wine while watching a movie, and I also smoked up some bud.

I've personally always found that a nice sweet red goes well with herb during the colder months. For example, last night it was pretty cold so I had a nice bottle of Pinot Noir with my Lemon Kush. During the summer I'll normally smoke up with a Rose, or a nice fruity white.

Seeing that the holidays are coming up, I would HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on either Autumn Spice or Harvest Spice, both from DiGrazia Vineyards in Brookfield, CT : Specialty Wines - Digrazia Vineyards

... those are the PERFECT winter wines, especially with dessert. Each has a prominent pumpkin flavor; one intertwined with grape, the other with honey. I can tell you from experience, have a piece of pumpkin pie, pour a glass of that, and pack up a nice tight bowl. Awesome night guaranteed.

12. Niiiice. GC is such an awesome community. Thanks for recommendations, guys!

13. Here are 3 of my favorite wines when smoking weed.:hello::hello::hello:

1997 Château de Montfaucon "Baron Louis" Côtes du Rhône

2010 le champ des Etoiles Pino Noir

2010 Château Bellvue Cholet Bordeaux

As you can see I am partial to red wines. :D

Here is a brief overview of the wines:

1) Cotes du Rhone:
    Color Deep dark ruby
    Aroma: Ripe black cherry with black currants.
    Taste: Blackberry, plum and spicy herb

2) Le Champ des Etiles Pino Noir
    Color: Bright Red
    Aroma: Ripe strawberry and red currant with sweet spice, balanced sweetness.
    Taste: Red fruits (cherry,strawberrys,cherry,etc) Nice refreshing finish, kind of like a wine cooler but cleaner and less sweet, but a delight to drink!

3) Chareau Bellvue:
    Color: Deep ruby color
    Aroma: Ripe plum and blackberry with a light tobacco scent.
    Taste: Black fruits (Blackberrys, currants, black plums) toasty spice. earthy would be the best way to describe the taste.