Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Wars (Trailer attached) Premiere tonight on Discovery Channel 10 ET

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PaperZonly, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Does anyone know here i could stream this since i missed the premiere? :(

2. And for those of you complaining about Steve having a bong in his house or taking edibles before a speech, would it even have crossed your mind if that bong/edible was a glass of wine?

People drink at home all the time. People have cocktails before conferences, too.

3. Dude those guys are breaking federal and state laws. I'm surprised they even show their faces. Watch next thing you know those rednecks are going to push for medicinal moonshine...lol

I can't believe they let that one guy say "If you don't like moonshine, you are not American!" in the promos. Idiots. :rolleyes:

4. I thought it was a well put together show.

5. I'll watch it when it's on, because it looks interesting to me, but am def stoked for the next weed wars episode

6. [quote name='"camram"']And for those of you complaining about Steve having a bong in his house or taking edibles before a speech, would it even have crossed your mind if that bong/edible was a glass of wine?

People drink at home all the time. People have cocktails before conferences, too.[/quote]

That's actually pretty true, man I guess I didn't look at it that way, I was just hoping for the best image to come out of the show, and was hoping it would all look good, and didn't want people to get negative ideas about any stoner culture because of it :)

7. The cool thing is that I think Steve realizes this and gave his okay. I'm sure during production they could have put a huge medical spin on things but they want to imply recreational use is okay, too.

I know of a dispensary where the workers wear scrubs. Now that's a little overboard.

8. [quote name='"camram"']

The cool thing is that I think Steve realizes this and gave his okay. I'm sure during production they could have put a huge medical spin on things but they want to imply recreational use is okay, too.

I know of a dispensary where the workers wear scrubs. Now that's a little overboard.[/quote]

That would be weird, yet kind of cool! Haha
    The scrubs part that is ;)

9. Something I just dont get...

The one guy with the (wendy's pony tails)..(srry just best way to discribe him) said
    that all his profit money goes out to the community, charities, and what not.

So what I dont get is...Is he NOT paying himself? I mean does he NOT collect a paycheck?
    And if he does, isnt that profiting from your business?

With the whole tax bs..You would think they would have an account with moneys set aside
    for unexpected things like this. It just seems like what he said was they get rid of there
    money as quick as they can. Maybe I just read into that part wrong. Are they affraid if they
    get raided that all there bank accounts will be seized too?

But anyway..I did enjoy the show and will have to watch it agian on the drv. For someone
    like me who has never been to a dispensary, it was great to see the inner workings of one
    even if it was just a glimps. Hopefully someday I will be able to visit one in person.

10. Profit is what comes AFTER everything is paid for , including salaries.

11. That makes sense...Thanks Russy!

12. Short History Lesson: When prohibition was placed on marijuana, MANY MANY MOONSHINERS turned to growing cannabis. Most moonshiners put out a few plants during grow season. Those guys on the show ARE stupid for showing their faces beceause the feds DO STILL GET PISSED ABOUT SHINE. I used to play a set at a moonshine festival in North Carolina for 4 years and by the end we had 1200+ in attendance, until the Feds got wind of our fun, which was in a very remote location, and came in and started short booking people, taking pictures, and handing out citations for fans and visitors of the festival to appear in federal court. The appalachian revenuers are just as bad on us about moonshine and marijuana, as the feds are on MMJ in the state of California. As a child I lived 15 mins from the famous "Popcorn Sutton" and had a taste of his corn liquor for the first time at the ripe age of 8 years old. My mother always used it for when I would have coughing fits as a child. She'd mix a shot of it with a spoon of honey, and drop a peppermint in the shotglass, and I'd take it, stop coughing, and fall right asleep. But the feds definitely have a hard on for some faces to appear on that moonshiners show. Especially a land layout. When one of these appalachian feds recognezes a land layout that these boys will be walking through, you can guarantee that their chances are gonna become smaller and smaller at getting away with what they do. Most bootleggers I know don't even like other people to know them or who they are, like your weedman, so they must have had to throw something real nice to these hillbilly boys for them to show them the ins-outs of shining.

13. Is this streamable?

14. I'm gonna volunteer to be the a-hole in this thread. Just copy/pasting from a dead weed wars thread I posted in earlier.

Wasn't impressed by the episode. I'm not really sure what the main point of the show is. So far it looks like they (discovery I guess) wanna demonize pot and perpetuate the giggly irresponsible stereotypes.

Business owner who didn't read up on the rules gets surprised by taxes. Old guy co owner never tucks his shirt in and is always late. A dude wears a dress. Some guy's mom is disappointed in him while he's also dissatisfied that everything he does is pot related and he isn't going anywhere in life. And the most positive character is a guy who quit his suit and tie job to farm weed full time. Not much going on. Just another reality show encouraging us to live vicariously through the box, feeding on other people's problems.

I don't know why I pay for cable.

/bitchmode

15. Apparently you aint never been to the appalachian mountains. There's a still found and someone busted every month here, especially since the economy took a shit folks been goin back to moonshinin' but they've always been here.

16. Also moonshine has been used medicinally here by my family for 300 years.

BTW, We aint rednecks, were hillbillies BIG difference, We tend to keep to ourselves and survive off of the land. It's a 150 mile round trip for me to the nearest grow shop and when i get back my ears have to pop and get readjusted.

I'm not saying i think everyone should drink, im an alcoholic and have to stay away from it but I think that anything a person does on his own property and doesnt hurt anyone else is his own business.

17. Seriously though, how much of an alcoholic do you have to be to need moonshine...

Lol when is 100 proof vodka weak sauce?

18. As an Appalachian, and recovering alcoholic, shine is something that has a lot of heritage behind it. Just like growers, shiners take pride in their common corn mash recipes. There's a lot of them who don't trust liquor from a store. And others just plain out enjoy it. When you try a shine that has been sitting in a charred barrell for the last 5 yrs, and comes out dark instead of clear, and is as smooth as if not smoother than Crown Royals whiskeys, youll know why they prefer this to the store bought. Just like growers that take pride in their buds that are harvested, etc. To the average person they dont see the trichomes that are appreciated, or whether theyre amber or clear or milky, what this bud smells like compared to this bud etc. Its all the same for shiners. Where I live in North Ga. is very rich in fruit orchards, so you see a lot of peach and apple, brandies and such that are very very nice during the cold winters we have up here. And as has been said, we've used this stuff for many many years as medicine too. They say "it'll cure whatever ails ya". My mother gave it to me, her mother gave it to her, and so on. There's a lot of pride and heritage in those mason jars....

19. THANK YOU!!! I've been trying to tell people the difference for years now and they just look at me crooked. Then when I take them to North Ga., East Tn. or NC they get the picture. I look forward to when we (Appalachians) get on the map as having as good of buds as Cali. I've seen some good homegrown come out of these mountains, but nothing like Cali. buds.

20. So many Weed Wars threads, I am just copying and pasting this from another one but...

Well now we know what main stream media thinks about Weed Wars. I doubt the Washington Post says anything bad about Moonshiners or how stupid those gold miners in Gold Rush look when they are not prepared for anything.

No idea why the link says TV but it's from the Washington Post.

TV: