Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed That Snaps and Crackles?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr. Bunglesmith, Jan 3, 2009.

1. More than likely it is because the bud was not cured right. If it's mids or bad bud that is also a factor. Flushing is not always necessary and it depends on the nutes used AND the grow style, whether or not a flush is indeed needed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You could be smoking aphid eggs.

3. I've seen weed with chems sizzle or sparkle, but if it's a pop I would guess there are some tiny seeds.

4. Another epic thread bump. :laughing:

5. Sounds like sprayed weed to me, or dipped.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. too much phosphorus

7. Bud doesn't pop when it's too dry its actually the opposite. I know it doesn't pop because i leave reggie out to get really dry every now and them when i get it and it crumbles into dust and doesn't pop. Now if i smoke my homegrown without a proper cure and if it's not dry as a bone it will pop because there's moisture in it. It's like throwing a a log on a fire that has moisture or sap in it. If the ash burns white its not fertilizer it's just a little too moist in the middle. If it burns black than you have some kind of chems in it. Usually miracle gro.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Either lack of flushing, someone used BRIX, or you have a really resonated bowl because in the past when ive smoked out of my glass spoon and it had thick resin on it it crackled and popped loudly

9. That bitch I'd of much rather munched down that rice crispy.

Seriously if your scared of your weed popping why are you smoking anyways.. Fawking noobs

10. Some people care about their health. Keep smoking your dirt.

11. seeds or it wasn't flushed correctly. no danger.

/thread

12. Damn your a fucking tough dude.. With that mentality I say cigarettes fit you better. Which you probably already smoke.

13. Ground underdeveloped seed and stem matter will usually always pop like you are explaining. Also was it properly dry? Ever start a fire with semi wet wood? What sound does it make?

I wont tell you that it was unflushed buds, because frankly, I personally think flushing is a bunch of bs. I grow organically, in soilless with chelated nutes, as well as hydroponically. I can tell you there is absolutely no noticeable difference what so ever in my flushed or unflushed product. On the other hand, if the buds arent properly dried and cured, snap crackle pop they will go and look out for that long black ash.

I wish people would spend as much time learning the biology of the plant as they do pushing this flushing theory that they have read about on the internet. The only reason anyone would ever need to "flush" so to speak, is if they have overfed/poisoned their plant in the first place and are giving a half ditch effort to save the plant from the irreversible damage they have already caused.

14. Rice crispies