Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed tea

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Purple Poison, Jun 6, 2012.

1. I'm thinking of making weed tea this weekend with milk. I'm just going to heat the milk and let the weed sit in it inside a tea bag for a while. will this suffice?

2. For taste, yes...
    For potency .... No
    The amount of weed you'd have to use to feel anything is astronomical, unless you grow yourself or you somehow get that shit dirt cheap, I would just save that for when its legal.

I love tea and I'm an avid drinker myself, but at this point with the way weed is, I think it'll be a while before I make tea.

3. #3 BadKittySmiles, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    The best canna milks are made not by adding flowers or hash to a high fat milk or cream, but instead by starting with pure milk fat... in other words, not only butter, but clarified butter. :hello:

However little time you have (if you're in a rush!), it's better spent in a pure 'edible solvent'.

Why?

Because you will make the most progress breaking down that cannabis glandular material into a form your body can absorb, if your solvent is not diluted and contaminated with water!

Store-bought butter, as it is, has roughly between an 8% - 12% water and milk-solid content... it's why 1 Tbsp, or about 14g of butter contains only around 11g of total fat.

Even in the stalls in India, the hash and flowers used for making bhang; yogurts; canna milks; etc.; for customers, has been treated for days, sometimes weeks in advance with 'ghee', a usually probiotic form of clarified butter.

( Clarified butter simply has had its water content and most if not all of its milk solids/proteins removed... this can easily be accomplished by heating your butter over a low-medium heat (or in a double boiler, if possible) for 20 or so minutes, allowing the water content to evaporate, while you scrape the milk solids off the surface and strain those that sink below.. just remember removing the solids is not as crucial to our process, as removing that water content. So skim and strain off as much as you can, but most of all, be sure that over a low heat your newly clarified butter stops steaming before calling it good. :) )

Why is it important to remove the water?

Not only does water contamination extend the length of the process (with the 'best' of the old fashioned water-butters, taking between 15 - 24 hours to complete!), but the presence of even small traces of water brings in loads of unwanted, inert, and unpalatable plant matter such as chlorophyll, bitter plant salts, and more plant waxes... these are responsible for the 'green, over-cooked brussel sprout' flavor, that some butters and edibles seem to have. :bolt:

Well made, properly decarbed and water-free, pure oil, should taste like a hashy vape hit and should only just barely if at all, be detectible in even vanilla cakes and cookies. :yay:

[​IMG]

I'm linking a photo tutorial below, that you can use to make high quality medical grade canna oil, using your clarified butter, if you have the time. Don't worry, it's easy!

It doesn't take much effort on the makers part at all; most of the process is spent waiting, while your material becomes highly active and bioavailable.

Otherwise, just use your time as best you can; try to decarb or activate your material first (instructions below) and be sure you spend a MINIMUM of 30 - 40 minutes gently processing in pure oil/milk-fat in order to strip the majority of the active material...
    Just expect a slower onset due to reduced bioavailability, and a lighter, more 'cerebral' mind-racy and less sedative high, due to the limited conversion of THC to CBN, when you cut corners. :)

Once your butter/oil is finished, just add it directly to your favorite tea, or for a better consistency, using a fork and gentle heat, whisk and reincorporate your cannabinoid-laden milk fat, back into the milk or cream product of your choice. :)

For the full tutorial...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

Edit -

And remember glycerin tincture is another option for tea, but it does take substantially longer than an oil-based extraction to function equally as well... the bonus however, is that it can be much more easily blended into and used in a wider variety of drinks;

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Glycerin Tincture - Hash or Flowers (for drinks, e-cigs, and sublingual buccal use!)

Glycerin Tincture

[​IMG]

Oil & Glycerin Tincture Drinkables :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables :p )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow sorry for the long post!... what you'll be doing is a LOT easier than the above may make it seem!

It's just good to be thorough when explaining these things, on the chance that you want to know the 'how' and the 'why'. :)

Remember that when properly made, edible cannabis can be much stronger and more powerful, and can provide a longer-lasting more intense experience, than smoking the same material... so dose carefully, and accordingly.
    When making a full batch for instance, you would make each dose roughly the size of your usual daily smoke-intake or just under, then start with half a dose, to see how you feel.

When you cut corners, you will need to begin multiplying your dose due to wasted, inactive and/or unabsorbed material!

So do your best, and avoid the tea bags during extraction... it's best if you strain the material after processing, and before consuming, if you want your herb to make the most contact with your solvent, or oil.

Good luck, and have fun! :wave::smoke:

4. Uhhhh no, wouldn't work.

Make a small batch of edible oil, add some dabs to your tea and you'll have an intense body high forever.