Weed strike!

Discussion in 'General' started by Bakedassninja, Sep 11, 2012.

1. What if all of us weed smokers went on strike from buying bud for a month or two, think of it as a huge t-break... And then dealers would drop prices and be begging us to buy from them. Just a theory.

2. Nah I'm friends with mine, as I bet many people are.

3. Too many fiends and would be impossibru

4. I dont know, a lot of people are getting ripped off by absurd prices. I don't really want to quit toking, but I agree something should be done to get people to stop taking advantage of us (Can you imagine if we started some sort of weed revolution here on GC?).

5. #5 *guest, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    Weed dealers would know full well that a month later, you're going to come back and start buying again regardless of the price. :p

If you have a problem with the prices, then stop buying. Someone else will be there to buy in your place.

Of course you could always start growing yourself, if you want to avoid the dealer prices so badly.

EDIT: And keep in mind too that when you pay a dealer for a sack of weed, you're not just paying for a bag of dried herbs. You're paying for the risk they take as well.

If selling marijuana didn't get enough profit to take the risk of illegally growing/selling marijuana, then there'd be no point in it.

I pay the price because I don't have the space to grow my own. Dealers are taking a risk that could often times result in a felony or even jail time. Customers like us have to pay enough to make that risk worth while, or there wouldn't be many dealers at all.

6. I have no problem paying what I pay, all my dealers are my buddys and they usually hook it up decent, it was just a "what if" predicament

7. [quote name='"420Jay"']Too many fiends and would be impossibru[/quote]

Yea ..... Just like those that dont care about voting

8. nah im good i like my weed and prices are whatever:wave:

9. im alright with the prices i pay at 15 a Gram and 25 a half 8th. I genrerally dont hit up dealers who throw that extra 5 buck tax onto it.

10. [quote name='"Bakedassninja"']What if all of us weed smokers went on strike from buying bud for a month or two, think of it as a huge t-break... And then dealers would drop prices and be begging us to buy from them. Just a theory.[/quote]

Too many ppl who are not willing enough to give up weed for that long makes it impossible

11. If anything the dealer would have to charge more since he went the whole month without moving product..

12. ^ this is also true

13. This.

During the Unmentionable Epidemic, when the supply increased the number of street dealers actually decreased because the prices had dropped to the point that many dealers decided they weren't bringing in enough money to justify the level of risk they were undertaking.

The price of weed can only be so low before people decide to quit dealing it. All too often we seem to forget that its high markup can be justified to an extent when you factor in the risk that dealers undertake.