Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Stem Recipe?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ciaran420, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Hi friends,
    I've been saving my stems for a few years now after trying some potent weed tea while in school.
    Can anyone recommend a recipe to make weed tea?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. GIGO
    Garbage in Garbage out.
    You get back what you put in when it comes cannabis.
    Stems have so few trichomes for the surface area your talking about it's just not worth messing with. The recovery with either oil or alcohol is just to low.
    Not being water soluble you can boil several pounds of stems in water for no results.
    My 2 cents.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Stalks no, stems near bud sites yes.
    Old way = Big pot of water, 1 1/2 lb butter. Low boil for 18 hour, (stinks up house so be prepared) Pull non liquid material. Set pot in fridge (or garage in winter) overnight. Skim (green) butter from top. squeeze spinach for all you can. Last aqueeze id darkest. Darkest is better.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. 1 1/2 lbs butter to one ton stems is the proper ratio. Or, get the recipe from the folks who make "potent weed tea".

5. Back in the day, we would take the stems from a kilo (they were $65 then!) and dump them into some vodka to get the last bit of "good" out of them! Made an interesting party drink.

And FYI- cannabis tea does very little to get you high! THC is NOT soluble in water. Most of the THC will stay in the stems. THC will dissolve in alcohol or oils/fats. You'd be better off making canna-butter with them than tea.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2