Weed Saves Xbox 360 [3 red lights o' death]

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Chron1k, Jan 31, 2009.

1. So last night i was all baked talkin some trash or w/e just bullshittin on xbox live... I was ballin some skate... as usual. Anyways, at this point in time my xbox 360 suddenly freezes... I turn it off, then back on. Three flashing red lights.

Well, this is the repaired 360 they sent me after my first one did the same thing.. My first one was on warranty... so i sent it in and they sent me a brand new 360....

Anyways... 3 flashing red lights? bummer right? wrong.

I turn my 360 on... make sure skate 2 was out of the tray... made sure the 3 red lights were flashing... At this point in time i wrap my 360 tightly in a towel so it cannot breathe what so ever.

I wait 20 minutes... my 360 is literally basically steaming... The fans are all going nuts! louder than ive heard them ever be on this box...

Then i turn off the 360. Blow a couple fat bong rips into the fans... gave my 360 a nice couple tosses in the air and against my bed... I also prolly whacked it and dropped it... but this is all mandatory in the repair process in my personal opinion...

Anyways.. i bet the kid i was ichatting with like 500$ my box would work again... and i plugged all the shit in... fired her up... Runnin like a dream

Like a DREAM.

Weed Cures All.

Weed Revives Xbox360's.

POwned.

2. haha the universal medicine, even for non-human objects!
    glad you got it working again, now get to playing haha :smoking:

3. ...i find this hard to believe...but

if your not a liar...tha'as pretty wicked

4. not even shittin man.

5. weed and towels has saved my life many a times

6. :wave:the towel thing works becuse it overheated the system and makes it start itself over...but when you do that you can void any warrenty so watch out..other than that..congrats and happy playing:D

7. Don't forget to bring a towel!

That Towelie is a wise one, I tell ya!

8. yea dude, lots of time my computer will shit itself. it says the fan isnt running and needs to be serviced immediately. so i unplug all the cords and slap her aroujnd a little. and long behold it usually works.

9. i hope the 3 rings dont come back cause the warrenty on that one is voided by that towel thing...but if its fixed that sweet man:D

10. also mos def.

well, ford perfect to be technical, but you get the idea. towels are awesome.

edit: 50 posts first milestone wewt

11. we should free skate sometime. add me: still JVB

12. what happens is the solder that holds the cpu to the motherboard cracks over time. When you reheat you box im pretty sure that solder liquifies and reseals itself... Just what ive heard. But im stoked. Im on skate 2 all day. Holla @ me. DankPiff420

13. It's the towel trick, basically the cpu gets too hot and resets. The weed may have helped ;)

14. You just repeated what everyone else said. lol.

15. oh lol. oops

16. Even animals know how useful towels are.

17. That's awesome man. I have a halo 3 edition Xbox 360 which Ive had for about 2 years and its been dropped about 5 times once hard as fuck on concrete and still runs all night, all day.(my family watches netflix on it practically 24/7):smoking:

18. this towel is an animal. o_O
    [​IMG]

19. how can they tell if you do the towel thing?:rolleyes:

20. I have no warrenty on my 360 and i had it for 2 years and i got rings, and they fixed it free. I think rings of death they are required to replace because its basically their fault.
    Props on the fix though, better than waiting 3 weeks