Weed releasing expanding gas in jar?

Discussion in 'General' started by higuy1234, Mar 8, 2015.

1. So I picked up some really dank weed, very frosty and has got that pungent smell to it. I can't pinpoint it, but it is citrus-y with a hit of stale sandwich meat haha.
    So I have a mason jar full of this stuff, and when i open it after it sitting in there for a bit, when i pry off the seal part of the lid it kind of hops off like there is a gas that was slightly under pressure.
    I first thought it was a stem shooting it up, but it wasn't full to the brim. Could be temperature but unlikely.
    I have a feeling it may be some natural chemical reaction of the plant releasing gasses.
    If anyone has any ideas or have the same mystery let me know!  :bongin:

2. #2 OOTROLLOO, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Lmao what?

Expanding gas coming from your weed??

Is it possible you're just super baked?

If not...put some buds into an air-tight baggie and see what happens. :cool:

3. Lol wut

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. The chemical smell might be coming from your own ass.

5. I know what he's talking about. its not popping off and launching across the room, its just barely coming off when he takes the lid off. It used to happen with my pickups all the time, a lot of the time its just slightly damp and its trying to finish drying in an airtight jar, and as the night happens, you have a decrease in temp, and in the morning after the sun has been out for a little, it gets a little warmer in that jar, and then you get that pop. It worried me, until my mids were doing it too. Then I went "oh, okay."

6. Your lid has a good seal. It's just disrupting the pressure when you open it.

7. SCIENCE RULES!

Attached Files:

8. Yeah that's probably it because this stuff is a little more moist than most of my pickups, thanks!