Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed politics and friends?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Opiumchild, Sep 7, 2010.

1. So i'd like you guys to tell me what you think of this situation. On saturday night my friend calls me up and asks if i want to hang out, i say yes. He lives about an hour away, he said he could drive up at first, but he was lying, so i drove an hour to get him, drove an hour to get back, then drove an hour to pick up this guy(plus that guys friend) to get bud. drove another a round trip of 40 minutes to get the bud and drop my friends friend off at their car, then drove another hour back to my place. I got a quad for $40, my friend didn't chip in at all for the bud or gas. He does this crap all the time, he acts like its his stash when all he did was know a guy who knows a guy and i was dumb enough not to get the dealers number when i was there last. I will smoke him up 24/7 until he leaves too, its not like i hold out on anyone. I mean I roll each of us a 1.5g "sleeping bear" joints that knock you the fuck out and then usually we roll a couple more later. He will go into my "smoking closet" and go through all of my smoking paraphernalia acting like its his, messing it all up. Then when it is time to leave he will go into my stash spot and start taking stuff out and ask if he can just have some bud to go....not sure if I'm tripping or not, but seems like I have the right to be pissed off.

so that's about six hours of driving round trip and i had to refill my tank and he acted like money just grows on trees

2. You have every right to be pissed, man! That's crazy! Here's what I would do--in this situation I would probably actually ask for money (although in most cases I wouldn't). I would do it in a nice way despite my anger though because that's just the kind of person I am haha. Like "Hey man I'm sorry to even ask, but we drove around for six hours this weekend and we smoked a lot of my stash so could you please throw me some money? I'd really appreciate it and I just kind of want to keep things even with us."

This guy doesn't sound like too great of a friend but honestly I don't think some people even realize how much they take, which is why it might be best to be blunt about it (pun intended hehe)

3. Since we're being "blunt (hehe)", yeah, he's taking advantage of you and most likely knows it.

4. If you drove an hour to get him, and drove him around all weekend, and smoked him out, and gave him bud. He knows that he is taking advantage. I like to be nice to every1 to bro. I stay chill, and if i can i'll help my friends out. But when that favor goes constantly unreturned, its time to quit throwin bones bro. You gotta stand up for yourself and tell your buddy to cough up the cash or stay the fuck out your stash.

5. Or he's a person raised selfish and DOESN'T know it - you'd be surprised at how many inconsiderate people are completely oblivious to their actions/inaction.
    If you're not happy with the situation (I wouldn't be) break the cycle...tell him it would be nice if he threw in considering the legwork, being the "guy that knows the guy" isn't really worth much in all honesty unless HE was getting it for YOU but even then I'd say this guy was still overstepping his bounds.
    As I always advise, if this is a friend you should be able to talk to them openly and honestly about such concerns in a civil manner, make sure you know what you're about to say and don't do it while either of you are stoned.
    If he takes it badly or puts any blame factors on you, then I'd say he's just a selfish jerk fully aware of the situation.
    If HE considers YOU a friend, IMO he will listen and do what he can to remedy the situation.

6. If you give someone an inch, they take a mile.

Honestly in this world you just have to be more assertive or people will walk all over you in all areas of life. Being assertive doesn't mean being rude or an asshole, it just means making sure people treat you with respect and understand when they're crossing any boundaries.

Right from the start I would have said "dude I can come pick you up but you'll have to pitch in for fuel and bud"...simple...not rude...not unfair - all you're doing is making some basic ground rules instead of letting this guy take advantage of you again.

You'll find not only will you be less pissed off at people like this, but you'll actually feel good when people start giving you more respect.

7. I usually offer gas money whenever my friends pick me up. Or if not money I'd pay for their food at some fast food place or something.

8. tell him straight up dude, then post here what his reaction is, please.

i dont understand why people become so fucking stingy with weed and shit. tell him straight up "yo i just drove a shit load and your acting as if this weed is yours, you need to chip in or something you little fuckhead" if he tries to take your stash knock his ass out.

9. That's exactly what I'm sayin, JoMommaNoid! Although it's definitely a possibility that he realizes what he's doing too. Anyway, Opiumchild, after you've had a conversation with this guy you should be able to tell whether or not he's worth keeping around anymore.