Weed Making Me Feel Sick

Discussion in 'General' started by Berry, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Last fall I started taking an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety that my doctor prescribed me, and for the most part it worked wonders and has been the only medication combination that has actually worked for my anxiety besides Cannabis. The one downside was that the major side-effect of the medication was the constant craving of sugary snacks and being hungry all the time. It didn't bother me at first because I thought that I had a strong will and would be able to curb the cravings, but alas I gained nearly 40lbs in 6 months, and was getting even bigger when I decided it was time to try a different approach.

After getting off the medication I lost my appetite almost immedietely and the amount of food I could eat drastically decreased. I not only didn't feel hungry anymore, but when I did try to eat I would start to feel sick to my stomach to the point that I would vomit almost every morning after breakfast for a few weeks.

I figured that I could kill two birds with one stone and treat my nausea right along with my depression and anxiety by smoking more weed.

Now for some reason I don't get the munchies anymore when I smoke, I get the same nausea feeling I get when I eat early in the morning. It only lasts for a few minutes after I smoke and It hasn't made me vomit, but its is still annoying.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar to this?

I've also lost 25+ pounds in the last month since stopping the medication, which has been nice because now I'm starting to fit back into all my clothes.

2. Try talking to your doctor, and be honest about your marijuana use. He's likely to know you and your body and able to help you better than we can.

3. It seems like weed has nothing to do with your problems. You said that the medication made you feel sick so you tried to smoke and then you didn't get the munchies? That could just be a side affect of the pill over powering the side affects of weed (Hunger).

OR

Did weed make you feel sick while your medication was also making you feel that way?