Weed makes me think like a kid?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MasonJar, Jun 5, 2009.

1. yeah i agree to an extent... i lost tons of interest in things i used to enjoy (probably... most definitely due to some traumatic shit i went through) but yeah once i started smoking the good ol green i started finding more interest in things i used to love as a kid.. and just new stuff in general. the mindset overall though i would definitely have to say shrooms puts me there..

damn those things make me feel like a little kid all over again. :D

2. #22 claremarie567, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    [deleted]

3. idk man cuz when im high and im with a bomb girl im not thinkin like alil kid im tryna hit!

4. Yeah I agree with OP. I have felt that way before too. I'll think back to memories and "feel" the way I felt then. Also I feel like I don't have a care in the world, similar to when I was young.

5. Thats so funny because when i get high, sometimes i think the same exact thing you just wrote...:smoking:

6. I agree with the OP. That is why I feel like weed is such a innocent kinda drug. I could be around stoners I don't even know and right away there is a sort of bond, an understanding that each other are cool. YOu cant say that about any other drug user really. Tweakers are sketchy as fuck and give me the heeby jeebies, same with crack and heroin. i've spent time hanging out with hard druggies and it makes me feel so dirty like I want to wash myself lol

But mary jane...ol' faithful...puts a smile on my face in this other wise fucked up, sad corrupt and dangerous world.

7. I've often wondered if, while in the state that being high puts you in, this is how some animals see the world... I mean, minus the ability to reason, obviously... I mean, think about it, cats have amazing vision, right? Well, we can't see in the dark while we're high, but aren't colors usually more vivid? Idk if I'm the only one who's wondered...
    :smoking:

8. well...I do connect with my moms cat wayyyyy more when im faded, like were on the same level..

9. Yes i believe youve hit upon something. Kids are alot more reactive/responsive and curious in a way that being high tends to make adults feel. You are in the moment not worrying about the future as you do when you a kid.

10. Yeah that happens to me, When I took shrooms before I had huge flash back type things to when I was a child.

11. Nice to see that I am not alone on this theory. When I was a lightweight, I felt more like a kid, but now that I have a high tolerance and been smoking so much, I feel that getting high makes me more mature at times.

12. i think you totally misunderstood. when he means being like a kid he means the fact that kids have a totally clear mind. they live in the present moment and dont really think about whats going to happen or what already happened.

when we are young we see everything with a curiosity, we climb walls if only to see what the top of the wall looks like. just general exploration of the area, taking in the sights and smells as if they are totally new to you.

thats what weed does to me, and i fucking LOVE it!

13. I totally know what your talking about. I love it too and this is one of the main reasons why I smoke!

14. Weed seems to bring out the creativity, motivation and imagination in me, but when I'm sober I seem to lack all those things .

15. yes I think that weed can put you in the mindset of when you were a child ive also thought that same thing when i was high...

16. Cannabis puts the wonder back in life. Most people lose the feeling of wonder.

Herb got it.

17. I think life is the greatest drug there is. I mean think about a baby the moment it is born. All those lights and sounds and smells that it experiences for the first time must be similar to the way people feel when they do drugs. The problem is that after so many years of the same drug, you develop a tolerance. That's probably why you feel like a child when you're high. It's because you experience all those things except in a different way. So in a way, getting high is like getting to experience life in an alternate reality.

18. I think the exact same way OP.

Too bad I didn't post this before June 4th... lol think of all this attention I would have gotten first. LMAO. *sigh* Sorry, I'm baked! :D

19. I can dig it. Its funny cuz i was just talkin to my bro about this the other day. rep your way

20. #40 limelight, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    I feel like this was the short guy in school who was always trying to act older, cooler, and more mature to impress others. The OP is saying that when he smokes, he has no worries, no cares, just like childhood. The stress of life seems to slip away. Marijuana is supposed to liberate you, and if that means feeling like a kid again, then so be it. Cannabil, your condescending tone really bothers me. Don't bring that here.