Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Makes Me Sick

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DankSpank85, May 23, 2014.

1. I have been smoking for over 3 years now... I do it around 2-3 times a week. Everything has been normal up until a month or two ago. Lately after I smoke I feel a normal high, but than I'll begin to chill out and eat a snack and start feeling nauseous. On top of that it feels like I have a knot in my throat and it feels like it's twisting and I can't breath. I also feel like there's a heavy weight inside my head and it's like pushing down the top of the roof of my mouth and it makes my teeth hurt. This has happened about 3-4 times in the past month or two. I either have a happy high, or I get all of these incredibly bad symptoms all at once and I have no idea why. I smoke the weed with my friends so it's not like the weed is laced or anything because they feel normal. This has just for some reason started after years of smoking and I don't get it. Can anyone explain what it means.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. You're just thinking about it too much. Weed isn't causing a knot in your throat or anything.

It's called anxiety or panic or too much thinking. You're fine :)

3. #3 GratefulFred, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    Did all this come about when you started smoking a new strain?  I'd recommend paying closer attention to how much you're smoking to see what dose triggers the negative reactions.  Also If you have serious things going on in your life, those things can get magnified when you're high, except it won't necessarily be the thing that's really bothering you, it'll be something else that you focus on.

I know exactly what you're talking about....though it never made my teeth hurt. And it only happens when I'm extremely high (usually after a night of drinking).

5. Maybe your allergic to something in what your eating.

6. #6 DankSpank85, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    I've been smoking the same kind I always have. It could be anxiety because schools stressing me out but I don't know why I get those weird symptoms.

I usually eat different things and some times I don't even eat at all because I feel sick
    Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. Grateful, your right. They can be dramatically magnified. Maybe you have been smoking for too long and arent seeing clearly as you should? Just be sure the shit your smoking does not have those heavy metals in it.  :smoke:

8. I'm not a doctor or anything, but it sounds like these symptoms are more psychological than anything. If I were you, I'd start keeping a record of your bad experiences: what strain you smoked, what you ate, your state of mind, your immediate environment, other drugs you may have used, etc. You might be able to pick out patterns, which will help you reduce some of the triggers. Good luck to you!