Weed Made Me Fat

Discussion in 'General' started by Caboose, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ive always been self consious about my weight
    i would never say that weed caused any of my problems
    it just makes them more apparent
    when im high i dont like myself

ever since i started to smoke
    ive been unable to resist the munchies
    im 18 and 150lbs 5'6''
    how can i get fit

im not much of a runner
    what type of weight lifting can i do
    any advice is appreciated

2. Much less,

Move more.

3. 5'6 @ 150 lbs. lol. I guess it depends on how u carry ur wieght, but I'm willing to bet ur not fat at all. When I was at my skiniest in high school I thought I was fat too and now I look back on it and I actually needed to gain some wieght! I wouldn't worry about it too much dude. I'm 5' 7" so I can tell ya that 150 aint that bad...

4. Bench Press
    Shoulder Press
    Preacher Curls
    Lat Pull Downs
    Crunches
    Dips and you should be fine.

5. Weed didn't make you fat, your lack of self control made you fat.

Put the twinkies down and hop on a treadmill.

6. 150 isn't that much overweight is it? I guess if you had zero muscle...i'm 5' 8" and 150 too but I wear size 29-30 jeans.

When i blaze i used to get the munchies but after you just resist the temptation they aren't as strong as before. If you want to just lose fat do some cardio work at the gym like running on the treadmill, kick boxing and whatever cardio machines they have there. If you want to just work at home you can just do push ups, planks, sit ups, jumping jacks etc. jump roping is actually insane exercise. Try jump roping through a whole album...it's ridiculous how much exercise that is

7. sounds like a good weight for your height imo

8. wordddd. Incline and decline bench press if you want to look manlier.

I know of a GOOD ab workout but you need a barbell,and 35+ weights maybe 25 since your a shorter guy but idk how your built (muscle wise). PM if joo wanna know.

9. I know what you mean you have to have mega will power to not munch out. What i do is prepare something low fat and healthy before i start to smoke up:smoking:

10. haha thanks guys
    i have no muscle
    uhh 35 jeans

i was thinking about making
    little munchie bags of healthy food
    that way i dont go forreging for unhealthy shit
    when i have prepacked goodies

i think my problem is that because im still in high school
    i dont eat breakfast or lunch
    so when i finally return home and light up a bowl
    im just so damn hungry in the first place.

11. #11 Chaohinon, Oct 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2008
    Fill your diet with raw whole foods - veggies, nuts, legumes, and fruits.

The way that the standard north american diet functions is such that the phrase, "I'm hungry" isn't much different from, "I really need a cigarette." Bad food is the ultimate emotional + physical addiction. This can be broken by 2-3 weeks of subsisting entirely on raw plant-based food, water, and organic 100% fruit juice. Once that period is through, the overwhelming desire to consume garbage like red meat, dairy, inorganic sugar, sweets, and bleached wheat will disappear. This because in terms of nutrition, nutrient density is infinitely more important than caloric intake.

Be sure to buy organic whenever possible, as close to 100% as you can get (yes, I know it's expensive). Inorganic chemicals are a major contributor to biological debt, weighting down your digestive system and pulling energy away from what would aid weight loss. Because of this, you should also become very vigilant about looking at the ingredients list on labels. If you pick up a food item, and notice that it has a paragraph of chemical-sounding items you don't recognize, DON'T buy it. Even a supposedly good item like almond milk comes with a long list of dubious ingredients.

If you're buying an apple, there generally is no ingredient label; an apple is an apple. A package of almonds typically just says, "almonds". And yet, if you look at the back of a Welch's Cranberry Juice container, you'll be bombarded by that strange paragraph of indecipherable bullshit. This faux complexity is a big part of the deception. Cranberry juice should simply say, "water, cranberries," as it does with a company like Just Juice.

Also, just for the time being, cut way back on grains and soy (even the healthy ones), just to see how it works out for you. Grains and soy are highly allergenic, but in most people just mild enough to not manifest themselves as a form of severe food poisoning, but rather a clandestine receptor for unhealthy habits.

Believe me, I've done all of this very recently, and after years of trying in vain to lose weight, it's suddenly melting off at an absurd rate. And I'm not even getting that much exercise other than spending 6 hours a day on my feet at work and the occasional set of pushups.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wish I could get fat...

13. So maybe don't get high anymore.

14. true but i dont like myself because
    i can see ive let myself go

i still enjoy getting high
    i just want to be comfortable with myself

15. I have never heard of weed making people fat ive always heard the opposite and seen the opposite. Ive seen the effects as well I used to be 170lbs and when I started smoking daily I went down to 130 I havent smoked now for 2 weeks and ive gained 6lbs.

16. for real dont blame weed for your own over indulgences....

17. Just do 20 sit ups, 50 jumping jacks and do some bench pressing every night (maybe not every night for the bench pressing, you MAY fuck your shit up, it depends though). I've been doing this for a few weeks and I'm noticing a small difference, but a difference at that. Walking a lot helps.

18. learn to self control or else losing weight wont matter cause you'll just keep gaining it from smoking

19. I friend lost over 100lbs when he started smoking. I don't know if it had to do with the green but it was pretty strange.

20. I read that smoking weed causes men to grow titties. It messes with many males hormones and causes elevated levels of estrogen, causing "man boobs" to grow. This hormonal change could cause one to put on weight.