Weed Losing Its Magic

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bongs4days, May 1, 2014.

1. Over the past few months, I notice that weed has sort of "lost its magic" for me. :( I've been smoking a lot more often than I used to, which might be part of the problem. But anyway, I notice that I can no longer smoke myself to the point that I feel like I just woke up in a magical world. Now a day, when I smoke, I just get giggly, relaxed, and have a few "stoner ideas". The euphoric part of the high comes on about 15 minutes from me lighting up, and fades another 15 minutes after it comes on, making me want to smoke more. I used to be able to smoke, and be feeling nice for 1-2 hours. Also, when the high fades, I just get this "burnt out" feeling of extreme fatigue (for both indicas AND sativas) and I feel really unmotivated. I always experienced it, to some degree, but the burnt-out/tired feeling has been much worse recently, and I don't feel more focused/motivated afterward, anymore. I don't understand... maybe I just need a looooooong tolerance break.

2. You're just used to the feeling.
    Imagination and indulgence is key.
    Also a happy, healthy, receptive body.

3. Edibles, vape, dab.

4. Keep yourself healthy, and surround yourself in an environment conducive to creativity and mental freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Take a break for like a month and i can guarantee it will be like your first time all over again

6. start eating a whole bunch of black pepper, but dont tell anyone, its a secret guarded by none other than the illuminati. I might get killed just for posting this

7. Maybe consider taking a tolerance break? I can relate to your situation, how I felt that the magical factor has diminished months after I started smoking again. And having smoked everyday for almost a year, I decided a break would be the best bet for me.. 12 days down and 36 to go. When I do start up again, I'm going to try to moderate my usage some, rather than being in a haze all day long. Others may disagree, but I find that once you spend so much time high, it becomes too familiar and starts to feel as if it's just another facet of everyday life, rather than something truly special. You just need to find your own balance of sobriety and intoxication that works best for you. It's a bit like pain and pleasure I guess, too much pleasure without pain, and you may find yourself growing numb towards it.

8. You need to smoke in different situations. Having the same routine will have diminishing returns. I can smoke one blunt with people, and be stoned when its a new environment. But at home I'd have to smoke a fuck load more.

9. #9 Infinite Experience, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    ah I've been there, all you need is a new outlook, try making some hash/oil, go to a weed festival or concert, I've met some great people who gave me different ways to look at smoking weed, like using it to learn more about yourself and your environment. Also taking some unmentionables really made me enjoy weed a lot more haha, but i wouldn't advise that :rolleyes:.

10. Well that answered my problem too.